When Chris Kenner says "half dollar" in TOOC...

Jul 25, 2009
Boone, NC
Does he mean Kennedy half or walking liberty half? I need to know cause im looking at coin gaffs on schoolcraft and need to know what coins to get.

Side question- Does anyone know what the deans set on schoolcraft is? I emailed Jamie, but he hasnt emailed back yet.

Jan 28, 2009
Belgium, Antwerp
there isn't a diference in handeling, they just look different.
a dean's set is a shell set where the shell isn't expanded but the coins are re-edged to fit inside an unexpanded shell.

Gianni.

Jun 10, 2010
there isn't a diference in handeling, they just look different.
a dean's set is a shell set where the shell isn't expanded but the coins are re-edged to fit inside an unexpanded shell.

Gianni.

I've heard people say that walking liberty half dollars are "softer" or something, so they make less noise? I don't delve much into the types of coins and stuff, but I've seen people say that before.

Aug 17, 2010
I've heard people say that walking liberty half dollars are "softer" or something, so they make less noise? I don't delve much into the types of coins and stuff, but I've seen people say that before.

"soft" means the faces are worn down and smooth, so they make less noise when the faces slide against one another.

Maybe go down to a coin shop and check out some Kennedys and Walkers before committing. Especially if you ever see a need to get more matching coins later on.

I have some Schoolcraft gaffs, and they're stunning. You won't be disappointed.

Jun 29, 2009
Saginaw, MI
Jamie schoolcraft shells are a master piece. He does go a while with out answering E-mails, I found from experience that its a lot more convenient if you call him.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results