Where Can I Find This?

Jun 5, 2010
New York, New York
The other night I saw a kid pull out a strange card trick it went like this.

1) He asked someone to pick a card
2) He asked them to place the card in the deck ( Or ontop I kind of was half paying attention at this point )
3)He took the deck and shuffled out a few cards and flipped them upside-down
4) He took another handful and left them rightside-up
5) He did this until there were no cards left.
6) He then took the deck and said "Some cards are face up" and showed some face up cards.
7) Then he said "Some cards are facedown" and shuffled through to show some facedown ones.
8) Then he said " some are back to back " as he cut the deck around the middle and showed that the top of each of the two halfes had a facedown card on top
9) He then shuffled the cards together
10) Then he fanned them out on the floor and all of the cards were facedown accept the card that the spectator had chose.

Any thoughts?

Jul 14, 2008
I have a feeling that it is a version of triumph. Specifically, the Sloppy Shuffle Triumph. I hope this helps you. This is one of my favourite version of all time to perform.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
It is sloppy shuffle triumph. Syd Lorayne gets credited for the effect and Chris Kenner has a 1 on 1 of it on this site. Kenner's however is slightly different.

One thing a lot of people always forget is that this trick is in Royal Road to Card Magic, which is where i learnt it from when i was 13.

If you look up 'A Tipsy Trick' in RRTCM magic then that's the trick you described. It's even described with the same presentation Chris Kenner uses.

Rev

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results