Where can I get those half dollars

Gil

Apr 1, 2009
Hey, I was wondering If som1 could help me to find the hald dollars used by chriss kenner ( in the unicoin routine ) and other magicians. I'm also looking for shell and flipper coin for this kind of coin.

thanks

May 10, 2009
Hey, I was wondering If som1 could help me to find the hald dollars used by chriss kenner ( in the unicoin routine ) and other magicians. I'm also looking for shell and flipper coin for this kind of coin.

thanks

Which country are you living in? It will depends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 5, 2007
From what I can tell In the video, They look like Morgan Dollars. Try local coin shops or even ebay to find the coins. For a shell and flipper, I would personally go straight to Jamie Schoolcraft or Todd Lassen. They do wonders. I hope this helps.

Gil

Apr 1, 2009
I come from switzerland, I have normals half dollars, the kennedy one.

But the half dollars used by chris kenner looks older, and I'm pretty sure that they aren't dollars.

I found this kind of coins but it is dollar size I think and It quiet expensive.

Anyway I will search, Ty for your reply

Sep 3, 2007
East Coast
If they are morgans I would second the Jamie Schoolcraft sets they are amazing if you are performing professionally www.coingaffs.com.

The reason I put the performing professionally disclaimer there is because they are expensive, but oh so worth it. Go with one of his sets as the shell and coins are made to fit you can read all about it there.

If you are doing this as a starter set or just trying to learn and get out there and the Schoolcraft, Todd Lassen stuff is out of your price range, another good place to check is at your local coin shop. At times they will have very worn morgans which for magic is great anyway, and will sell them to you cheaper as they are almost worthless to collectors. Now if you go that route the flipper and shell are going to be your main cost so you may just want to pick up some walking liberties or some ordinary half dollars as the gaffs for these can at times be a little less expensive.

Hope that helps and good luck with the coin work.

twitter.com/magicfett

I believe those are Barber Halves, very beautiful coins.

My recommendation would be to go through Jamie Schoolcraft at www.coingaff.com. Jamie does great work and, unlike some coin mechanics, actually returns his damn e-mail.

Jamie can sell you an expanded set of Barbers, meaning you get 4 normal coins and 1 Expanded Shell and it is a great deal. Also jet over to the "Flipper/Folding" page if you're wanting a good gravity flipper to match your set.

C

Gil

Apr 1, 2009
Thanks for all your answer, It helped me.

Yeah i think I will buy the set barber, only in a moment cause it is expansive^^

Jul 8, 2008
Wow only one person got it right lol. Those were Barber halves. Kennedy halves can be found in banks. Todd Lassen is actually the best with coin gaffes.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Wow only one person got it right lol. Those were Barber halves. Kennedy halves can be found in banks. Todd Lassen is actually the best with coin gaffes.

I second this statement about Todd. I had Jamie and Todd both make a custom unexpanded set for me and the set that Todd made is a much better set than the one that Jamie made. Jamie's good, but Todd's the best.

May 24, 2008
I second this statement about Todd. I had Jamie and Todd both make a custom unexpanded set for me and the set that Todd made is a much better set than the one that Jamie made. Jamie's good, but Todd's the best.

For the good customer service you get from jamie, its worth it.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
jamie's customer service is second to none, and his turn around is amazing for getting the product to you. ive found todd's customer service extremely lacking. i ended up not even getting a set cause i wouldn't have had it for almost 2 years so i cant comment on the quality i just think if his quality is so good he could spend some time and effort on improving his customer relations and service

jamie's customer service is second to none, and his turn around is amazing for getting the product to you. ive found todd's customer service extremely lacking. i ended up not even getting a set cause i wouldn't have had it for almost 2 years so i cant comment on the quality i just think if his quality is so good he could spend some time and effort on improving his customer relations and service

Amen, hence my statement about returning phone calls.

I'm sorry, but if I can get a BMW in two weeks and be able to talk to the manufacturer and know about my car or wait two months to buy a Porsche in a back alley from some guy I've never talked to, I'll take the BMW, thanks.

For those of you not down in the use of metaphors (its all the rage, yo), I'm simply saying that though Lassen may have better quality, its downright worthless without communication with his customers and actually making potential buyers feel like they will ever even get their coins.

C

Sep 7, 2008
I waited almost a year for my Expanded Shell set, C/S/B, and Flipper all in Walking Liberties from Todd. I have two Irish Penny Expanded Shells, and I recently ordered a Karate Coin from him as well. Yes, it takes a long time sometimes for him to return an email, but I think his quality makes up for it.

A few months ago, it took Jamie over four months to respond to my email. Every month, I emailed him again, and never got a response. Finally he emailed be back and said that he was too busy to make coins for me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results