Where Can I Learn The Muscle Pass?

Jan 16, 2011
Hello all,
So, I was looking for something to learn and I came across the muscle pass. I have learned the coin roll, and I think it would be cool to learn this as well....the only problem is....where can I find a video teaching the muscle pass? If you have any links or DVDs that would help, please post them :)

Thank you,
Harry Potter

Jan 10, 2009
University Park PA
I would second Spliff, but be prepared to put in a lot of time. Also, what do you want to be able to do with it? (You posted that you know coin roll, so does that mean you'd be using it in more of a flourishy sense, or as a trick? I'm not trying to judge you, just get a better idea of the applications you have in mind so I can give better advice.)

Jan 16, 2011
I would second Spliff, but be prepared to put in a lot of time. Also, what do you want to be able to do with it? (You posted that you know coin roll, so does that mean you'd be using it in more of a flourishy sense, or as a trick? I'm not trying to judge you, just get a better idea of the applications you have in mind so I can give better advice.)

I guess I would try to get it to go both ways: for magic and for just a flourishy sense. It would be really cool to learn for vanishes(if that's possible, i haven't checked that out yet).

Jan 10, 2009
University Park PA
I guess I would try to get it to go both ways: for magic and for just a flourishy sense. It would be really cool to learn for vanishes(if that's possible, i haven't checked that out yet).

Yeah it is possible. for both vanishes and reappearances. And I would shy away from doing it as a flourishy show off thing. I mean, it looks cool on it's own, but if that's all you do with it people will just keep insisting you repeat it, which gets irritating. I would suggest building it into a routine, so that it stands out as a really cool effect, (the classic is "the coin that falls up") but where you have somewhere to take it afterwards, so that people don't insist as much for the repetition.(I know from experience, when I first learned it I would just walk up to people and go "Look this coin falls up" and do it, and people would freak out and then immediately start trying to replicate.) But since it is a move and not a flourish this approach doesn't work as well. You mentioned in your first post how you do the coin roll. That is a much better flourish because it looks cool but there really isn't a trick to it, it's just skill and practice. Since the muscle pass is a sleight, you want to have a routine built around it to divert peoples' attention away from the sleight and towards the effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results