Where to sell my Magic stuff!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2014
Hi there all, as someone who is just starting into magic and who is very interested in magic, I think that reselling of magic is a good thing. It helps people like me to learn new routines and techniques from people who no longer wish to keep their older supplies. It allows me to expand my knowledge base and continue into magic until I can find what type of niche I'd like to be in without spending a lot of money.

I frequent the Magic Castle during their twice a year "Swap Meets". I can buy from the creators themselves and also used books/DVD's/etc. I'm sure if anything, they are sensitive to "ethics" and I appreciate them doing these types of events.

Feb 3, 2019
What if you inherited a couple of magic collections from your father and older brother and now you are trying to sell books, silks, flowers, cups and balls, canes, candles, bird cages, single magic tricks saved in baggies, coins, cards, rabbit table, etc, etc, items ranging from 1950 to 1982-- -- -- would it be ethical for me to sell it or should I just burn it all?
Sincerely wondering if anyone can offer a place to sell magic (besides craigslist and ebay)?

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
From what some of you are saying, is that re-selling magic is unethical. Then what about Murphy's Magic? They sell to magic retailers worldwide who in turn sell those effects for their own profit. Unless Murphy's gets a residual from the retailers, How is that any different?
If someone bought a trick, then uploaded the video to YouTube, That would be unethical to me.
Would it be unethical for an auction house to sell a DaVinci? Or, Thrift shop selling pair of Nike's?

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
This is a necro thread so it might get snuffed btw.

If you read the entire thread you can get a feel for how selling items plays out. Mostly people are cool with buying/selling/trading magic. There are exceptions of course.

But where to sell things like books silks etc.... Google local IBM ring number and contact them. Maybe someone semi local would have an interest. If not perhaps they could at least give you more info on what you have, if you needed more that is.

Other than that there are plenty of options f0r selling online via ebay, facebook etc.

Reactions: CWhite
Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
This thread was made almost 5 years ago.

Anyway. I think that reselling magic isn't a bad thing. It helps newcomers and what not.. Umm.. yeah. This is an old thread.

Feb 3, 2019
'Old' is an illusion, Blakey.

Still, the original question of where to sell magic stuff remains pertinent.
(In that regard, local rings seem the best bet; I dislike ebay.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results