Who is Howard Hamburg?

Sep 3, 2008
ny
Recently while browsing around on Dananddave.com i saw "The “D” Notes by Howard Hamburg". the only real information I could find about Howard was a thread on the magic cafe.From what I have read he is very good. So if anyone has any info on him it would be greatly appreciated.
-Steven

Ah yes Howard. Without going to much into a life story, Howard is a LA native and is can be seen sitting in Vernon's old spot at the caslte quite frequently. His work is rarely spread even by word of mouth and having it in print is great. I have known him for about 4/5 years and he has taught a lot to me since then. His work is great and has great emphasis on especific parts that make a trick magical. Also despite his not so young as, he is an expert at almost all sleights and will use some of the hardest sleights to accomplish his effects. He is a great guy.

-Michael Stern

Reactions: ParkinT
Well, you've been asking for new interviews so here you go! Howard Hamburg was my guest for Episode 337 of the Magic Newswire's "Spirit of Magic" podcast. I hope that you enjoy the conversation half as much as I did putting it together! http://bit.ly/MNWHAMBURG

In addition, I am thrilled to let everyone know that because of you, the podcast has now exceeded two million downloads! That amazes me. Thanks guys!

Oct 8, 2011
Baltimore
Hey guys

I had an oppurtunity to see this guy in action in a lecture presented in denny and lee's magic studio in baltimore, and it was an amazing experience.

when i heard about the lecture, at first i was thinking "oh, just another magiciian dind tricks, but this guy lived in the times of the great in magic, including dai vernon of whom he was freindly with.

naturally, his wealth of magic knowledge is incredible- although i didnt get the d notes, chances are they are great- if his lecture was of any indication.

-JI

Reactions: ParkinT
Dec 14, 2012
Howard is one of the best card men in the world who you have never heard of. I finally spent some time with Howard this last June there and he absolutely blew my mind with a couple of things.. the throw down double is breathtaking in its casual ness. I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with Howard last night at the Magic Apple party. He is amazing with the pasteboards and nice guy.

May 10, 2012
He really is an amazing man. The closest living thing we have to Vernon left. I'm happy I can call him a mentor, but even happier I can call him a friend. If you can see him work live, you will never forget it.

James555

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
Australia
I met him last year at the Magic Apple, we had a 1 on 1 session for about two and a half hours. He is an excellent man and an expert when it comes to most if not all sleights. He was also a student of Dai Vernon. I'm proud to call him a friend!

Howard's effing brilliant with cards! But yes watching him work is like watching Leonardo paint, or Bach compose. He's that good... And it's true what they say about him. Very humble, quiet man. Quite approachable, very knowledgeable.

Last edited by a moderator:

SIX

Sep 11, 2007
NYC
He is one of the coolest guys in magic. I met him the first time I was at the Castle, I literally missed all the shows and spent 6 plus hours sessioning with him under the Vernon Painting. It was a incredible experience. Afterwards, we went out for ramen noodles and sessioned til about 4am, what more could you ask for? lol

Reactions: StevenL11398
Jan 14, 2017
Howard is one of the best card men in the world who you have never heard of. ...the throw down double is breathtaking in its casualness.
I just met Howard last night during my first trip to The Castle; sitting in Vernon's spot. The first amazing thing (of so, so many) that he demonstrated [and explained] was that Throw Down Double.
Never have I spent time with a fellow magician who has devoted so much diligent thought and effort on the core subtleties of card manipulation. I walked away feeling incredibly humbled by his skill but so enthused and elated by the experience of spending time with him!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results