Who should I Submit my Trick To?

Sep 7, 2017
Hi, and thanks for reading this. So I have an idea for a cool TnR effect. The problem is I don't know who to submit it to. What magic shop am I most likely to sell my product on? (you can say theory11, but please don't JUST say Theory11.) Thanks!
(It also can't be SansMinds because it says you have to be at least 16, and I am not 16 yet.)

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
I think the best place to sell your creations as a young magician is the marketplace here in Theory11 (not saying that because we are here on their forums) but seriously it’s the easiest and best way to start, other sites have a lot of restrictions as you have mentioned one already.

In the marketplace people aren’t expecting from you any high quality videos and stuff like that, only looking for great ideas from new artists starting in the game.

In short words give the marketplace tap a visit.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
If you have researched the trick thoroughly and are sure it's actually unique and not already published - Penguin gives the largest percentage of royalty, but the Marketplace is probably easier to publish on.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
This is probably true for every site - If you're under 18 you'll need a parent or guardian to sign the paperwork for any contracts, unless you are legally emancipated.

Reactions: Josh Burch

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Both penguin and T11 marketplace are where I have everything published. These are the ways to go if you want to self publish. If you want sponsorship, then you will need to convince the company you are pitching to that your product is worth their time. I have over 20 effects published currently and all of them are published either on the marketplace or Penguin.

I agree with chris that penguin has a bigger following and you will sell more there. I like T11 because the community here is a lot better IMO.

Companies I would try to pitch to if you want sponsorship: Ellusionist, Theory 11, Penguin, Lost Art, Shin Lim, Murphy's Magic, and Vanishing Inc.

If you are not sure what I mean or the difference between self published and sponsored, here is the deal:

-Self Published: You will have to film everything yourself and upload it to either the T11 Marketplace or Penguin Partner Program. You will need to do all of the marketing and advertising yourself, HOWEVER you will make more in royalties this way.

-Sponsored: You will pitch your product to the company you want sponsorship to. They will film everything and do all of the marketing and advertising for you, however they will usually ask for exclusive rights to your effect and you will not make as much money off of it in royalties. Usually they have to really want your effect for it to get picked up, but if it is groundbreaking, this will be a good way to get your name out there!

Reactions: GeorgeR3

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
While I do agree Penguin has a larger customer base, I was saying that they will give you a larger percentage of each sale of the product than any other store. Particularly if you do an exclusive.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results