Why are there no BEE gaff cards?

Feb 3, 2016
Been looking around and the Bicycle cards have a lot of gaff/trick decks, but I prefer the BEE standard cards but no one seems to produce gaff/trick decks for these cards...

Is there a reason why?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Most likely because Bee cards are not widely used by magicians. I suspect that they are not widely used because of their lack of a border which makes having a reversed card in the deck very difficult.

Dec 21, 2015
I agree with RealityOne there aren't many people who use Bee's, most of the time magicians use Bicycle's. I use borderless cards every once in a while though, for certain reasons. For example; Second card dealing/Bottom card dealing/Greek dealing, etc. It's hard to spot. However it is MUCH easier to spot a reversed card in a borderless deck. If I use borderless cards I typically use Ellusionist's Erdnase Dealers.. Because I like the card stock/quality better. Or Bee's red or blue. Usually the latter if I plan on destroying them... ( ripping and stuff ).

If you want gaff cards, this is one I made up a year ago: Not sure if other people do this

Needed: 1 Blue Bee deck preferably new, 1 Red sharpie

Lay the desired card FLAT on a table. Preferably a blue Bee King of Hearts.. Rotate it so the length is facing you and the width ( the shorter length ) is sideways. Basically right side up. I'm going to assume your right handed if not just reverse the instructions. Uncap your sharpie and place it in yoHave your left hand's thumb on the top left corner of the card, it should be right about above the K<3 symbol. LEAVE YOUR THUMB THERE. Now very carefully with your sharpie swipe side to side on the card until you reach the bottom. MAKE SURE you cover ALL spots. The card should be ENTIERLY covered. Once you do.. wait until the card is dryed and then finish the spot where your thumb was. If done right, you should not have any marks on your hands.

TIPS: DO NOT go on the edges of the card or it will be marked...If you place in the middle of the deck and you see a red line..You'll know why. What I do is avoid the very edges of the card until the end. Then when it is dry, I VERY carefully do the edges.

The white of the card, yellow, and other light colors will be red. Blue and black will be either a very dark red...or blackish red.

The K and ❤ symbol..are red, so you won't really be able to see it.. However this is a play on the suicide king. Blood red.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results