Why Roberto Giobbi is a Good teacher.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
This guys has a good way of explaining anything, doesn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXFzbbcU9TI

Brilliant. He wrote an article on mind mapping in the November 2009 Genii magazine in which he is featured. He also taught some great routines in that magazine including Wild Card (the effect he is talking about in the video), Houdini Rope Trick (I'm working on this one) and Gambler's Expose. That issue is worth picking up (also for Aaron Fisher's Rock N' Rye effect).

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
He's a lot better writer than most magicians out there, but that is primarily because he understands that when you explain stuff in a book, it should be direct and straight to the point.

Sep 20, 2009
He's a lot better writer than most magicians out there, but that is primarily because he understands that when you explain stuff in a book, it should be direct and straight to the point.

I Concur.

some books are just so confusing

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I Concur.

some books are just so confusing

I remember how Harry Lorane took like 6-8 pages just to describe the swing cut. It's like "Dude, it's not that hard to explain. Get to the point." I've read a few books that were a bit confusing when it comes to them explaining the effects.

Feb 26, 2010
I remember how Harry Lorane took like 6-8 pages just to describe the swing cut. It's like "Dude, it's not that hard to explain. Get to the point." I've read a few books that were a bit confusing when it comes to them explaining the effects.

I agree, another author that I think is great is Stephen Minch (coincidently he work on the translations to Card College as well). His book By Forces Unseen is direct and to the point, the sleights are easy to pick up. I'm still working on the one handed bottom palm.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results