Wynn Controversy/Conspiracy?

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I'm pretty sure I was one of the first people who brought up this "suspicious" thingy-ma-bober, in the other wynn thread, but now that I think about it, who cares? I mean, even if T11 is probably lying to us, and the cards aren't rare, and the cards are worth 2 bucks, they are still good cards......
There is almost no doubt that the wynns are fake, if not, I don't see why T11 isn't selling Jerry's for five bucks. CK has like way more than he does wynns (apparently), and apparently Jerry's aren't that rare.

Get out your tin foil hats boys....they are comin' for us! Fake Wynns....I will have to get Commissioner Gordon on the Batphone to get this investigation started...

Sep 1, 2007
Rare or not, the Jerrys are extremely valuable at this point in time, where the Wynns are not. He would lose all kinds of money selling them that way. Not that it's about the money for Kenner but selling, say, 5000 decks of Jerrys for 5 bucks a deck is just stupid when you could sell them for 100 each EASY. The Wynns aren't as well known or valuable at this point.

Oct 27, 2007
Eastern Seaboard, USA
They are an interesting design, and though I kid, the brown-ness ain't that bad...

but honestly in any interest there always happens to be the "gotta have 'ems" I never understood it myself, but hey if it floats yer boat.

It made me immediately think of this song from a popular cartoon/franchise, re-worded of course...

I want to be the very best
Like no cardman ever was
To faro them is my real test
To fan them is my cause
I will travel across the web
Searchin' far and wide
Each Cardémon to understand
The hype that's inside!

Cardémon!
It's you and me.
I really need my Jerry's!
Cardémon
Ooh Wynn's you're my best bet
Of being cool without massive personal debt!
Cardémon!
A deck so brown
Did you just say the deck is brown?
Yes! Um, The deck is Brown!
Cardémon
(Gotta catch 'em) Gotta catch 'em Gotta catch 'em all!

:D

I'm pretty sure I was one of the first people who brought up this "suspicious" thingy-ma-bober, in the other wynn thread, but now that I think about it, who cares? I mean, even if T11 is probably lying to us, and the cards aren't rare, and the cards are worth 2 bucks, they are still good cards......
There is almost no doubt that the wynns are fake, if not, I don't see why T11 isn't selling Jerry's for five bucks. CK has like way more than he does wynns (apparently), and apparently Jerry's aren't that rare.

You know...in my HONEST opinion. You're starting to live up to your user name buddy...might want to tone it back a bit.

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
First of all, Steve: incredible post 2 posts up hahaha..

Secondly: I'm so happy to be apart of a forum that members actually have brains. Every thread I've read on this site has so many interesting words within. Glad to see there aren't any REALLY ignorant magicians/practitioners out there.

Oct 9, 2007
I thought there were Brown Red Blue Purple and Burgandy Wynns? Unless I'm being blonde and red blue/purple burgundy are the same type.

Sep 1, 2007
England

As I pointed out in my earlier post, what possible advantage is there to gain by faking a deck of cards which noone has heard of before. The reason people fake a product is to boost sales through people looking for that particular brand.

Also, you are completely wrong. At the time Jerry's Nuggets went out of print there were reportedly about 10,000 in circulation, that was over a decade ago. T11 according to reports has about 20,000 Wynn decks which they got cheap because they bought them in bulk. These cards aren't particularly rare, there are a lot of them sitting in the T11 warehouse, they are however no longer in production and exclusive to T11.

To turn around and say if they want to sell a rare deck cheaply why don't they make it the Jerrys is simply insane.

Tom

Aug 31, 2007
Also, you are completely wrong. At the time Jerry's Nuggets went out of print there were reportedly about 10,000 in circulation, that was over a decade ago. T11 according to reports has about 20,000 Wynn decks which they got cheap because they bought them in bulk. These cards aren't particularly rare, there are a lot of them sitting in the T11 warehouse, they are however no longer in production and exclusive to T11.

Well, thanks for clarifying, I could've sworn that I read Bayme, Raiker, or Katie say somewhere that Wynns were exponentially more rare than Jerry's, Red Wynns, or Blue Wynns..... And I realize that my post sounded extremlely obnoxious. I was just wondering if They are selling Wynns that even T11 themselves say "go up to 60 dollars on Ebay", why can't they sell Jerry's that "go up to 80 on Ebay".

But, in spite of this all, I still come to stick with what I said in my earlier post, even if this is a strange "conspiracy" about a simple matter of the rarity of a certain type of cards, then seriously, what difference does it make? They're still good cards... I don't think you need to worry about the rarity of Wynns. Because, looking back, and this is just a little experiment, don't lie please, maybe it's just because I'm a serious Noob....
But, I figured, many of the active users here, are, like I, novices at card magic, that Theory 11 attracted with it's hype, and "picked" off.
And Maybe they figured, with all these users who have little knowledge of card magic, maybe they thought that they could hype up a predeccessor to Jerry's, and "create" the new Jerry's. I think this may be the explanation to all our questions.

The reason this works, is because, this is just a guess: How many people here have actually heard of Wynns before August 31, 2007?

If Theory 11 could get a hold of cards that are even the slightist rare, they could exaggerate it's rarity, and and make them exponentially rarer. I know I contradicted myself hundreds of times in this post, but please, take this into consideration.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
Well, thanks for clarifying, I could've sworn that I read Bayme, Raiker, or Katie say somewhere that Wynns were exponentially more rare than Jerry's, Red Wynns, or Blue Wynns..... And I realize that my post sounded extremlely obnoxious. I was just wondering if They are selling Wynns that even T11 themselves say "go up to 60 dollars on Ebay", why can't they sell Jerry's that "go up to 80 on Ebay".

But, in spite of this all, I still come to stick with what I said in my earlier post, even if this is a strange "conspiracy" about a simple matter of the rarity of a certain type of cards, then seriously, what difference does it make? They're still good cards... I don't think you need to worry about the rarity of Wynns. Because, looking back, and this is just a little experiment, don't lie please, maybe it's just because I'm a serious Noob....
But, I figured, many of the active users here, are, like I, novices at card magic, that Theory 11 attracted with it's hype, and "picked" off.
And Maybe they figured, with all these users who have little knowledge of card magic, maybe they thought that they could hype up a predeccessor to Jerry's, and "create" the new Jerry's. I think this may be the explanation to all our questions.

The reason this works, is because, this is just a guess: How many people here have actually heard of Wynns before August 31, 2007?

If Theory 11 could get a hold of cards that are even the slightist rare, they could exaggerate it's rarity, and and make them exponentially rarer. I know I contradicted myself hundreds of times in this post, but please, take this into consideration.

actually i heard about them a while ago while surfing decknique, but never hae i had the chance to obtain un-cancelled ones!

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Well, thanks for clarifying, I could've sworn that I read Bayme, Raiker, or Katie say somewhere that Wynns were exponentially more rare than Jerry's, Red Wynns, or Blue Wynns.....n.

EDITED:

Sorry about that. I checked with sources and there were in fact more than 3,000 decks of brown Wynn's printed. However, there are TENS of thousands of Red and Blue Wynn's. With a simple Google search, you can find those very easily. The BROWN Wynn's are the rare ones-- and the quality is exponentially higher than the Red and the Blues. Huge difference in feel; night and day.

Regarding Jerry's-- more Jerry's were printed originally than Brown Wynn's. There's no conspiracy.

Katie Egleston.

Sep 8, 2007
QUESTION:
lets assume you have 3000 brown decks, how many more days until they are entirely gone? :eek:

edit: wait i'm dumb, thats like 12 days :D

QUESTION:
lets assume you have 3000 brown decks, how many more days until they are entirely gone? :eek:

edit: wait i'm dumb, thats like 12 days :D

If Theory11 owns all 3000 decks in exsistance and no one has used a single one, then it would be 12 days.

But, I'm sure each T11 staff member has a little stock of their own, and I'm sure some people not associated with Theory11 has managed to get their hands on a deck or 2. So it could be a significantly smaller number if you take those into consideration, making them all the more rare.

-Happy Holidays,
-RA69

trebmalrolyat

Banned
Sep 2, 2007
think of it this way.. 3000 maybe 500 to 1000 floating around.. previosly, and for stashing... but still lets assume 3000.. everybody is scrambling to get some, well.. and most likely everybody is gonna open them. therefore, the value of sealed decks will increase. plus the 'only 3000' factor. 3000 decks may be a lot, but all of them will sell out.. and eveybody will still try and get them. making them worth a lot more... just a theory.. only time will tell.

Personally I find this whole argument to be absurd...

I will freely admit that I wondered why they were selling them so cheap and I got an answer. I trust Wayne Houchin, have I ever met him? No, but neither him or the rest of the T11 crew have given me a reason not to.

But no matter what, I bought the Wynn's because they look cool and I collect cards, bottom line. I also have a Black Ghost and will be getting some shadow masters... does that make me an E sellout? NO! I simply like the cards and like collecting them. In the same sense if I buy Wynn's does it mean that I am sold out to T11 to believe every word about decks of god status? Heck no, I like the freaking cards.

If you do to, then buy them... if not... yippie yay and a pint of daniels to you it doesn't matter.

Sharp

Aug 31, 2007
think of it this way.. 3000 maybe 500 to 1000 floating around.. previosly, and for stashing... but still lets assume 3000.. everybody is scrambling to get some, well.. and most likely everybody is gonna open them. therefore, the value of sealed decks will increase. plus the 'only 3000' factor. 3000 decks may be a lot, but all of them will sell out.. and eveybody will still try and get them. making them worth a lot more... just a theory.. only time will tell.
This is kinda what I was saying, that maybe the reason they're selling Wynns to higher the "rare" level a bit.

why does it matter?
Well, you didn't really give much detail, but I think you're asking why does how rare the Wynns are matter.
To put it simply, it doesn't matter, I think what difference does it make, cards are cards, all decks are really worth like at most 5 bucks. But, in this world, for some reason, the rarer something is, the more it cost, because it's "harder to get". It's just the way the world is, it gives people a sense of pride. It's like trading cards, you want rarer cards because it's worth more, and you can brag about how "there are only 25 of these in the world".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results