Wynn Tip--Thick Blank Card

Sep 1, 2007
If anyone cares, in your pack of Wynns, there are 2 extra cards, one with a Wynn back and a barcode on the face, and one with a logo on the back and a blank face.

Use some double-stick tape and you can make a thick blank card, useful for tricks with blank cards and thick cards alike...

Nov 22, 2007
And if you have two opened wynns you can make a double-blank and a double-backer. etc etc

Tape is a horrible idea, just split the cards and use spirit based rubber cement.

Sep 1, 2007
And if you have two opened wynns you can make a double-blank and a double-backer. etc etc

Tape is a horrible idea, just split the cards and use spirit based rubber cement.

Double stick has worked fine for me. It holds together really well and I just use a bone folder to burnish it.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I find the easiest way to split cards (and I do not own "The Art of Card Splitting", I just started doing this myself) is to put in some water for about 30 minutes, and they are very, very easy to pull apart. Then all you have to do is rubber cement two sides together to make the card you want/need.

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
yeh you have to dry split them or they come out all wrinkly
i am not good at card spliting so ijust peel of one layer of each and stick them together making 4 layers instead of 3 so it still works as a thick cards

Sep 1, 2007
I personally just like having a thick card in the deck for some really simple key-card effects.

Nov 22, 2007
Not on Bikes, it doesn't. I don't know if it would for Wynns, though, because of the different finish and all.

really?

Go drop a deck of cards in a bowl of water, then dry them off.

Then tell me if they handle just as well.

Go ahead. Even 3 seconds may suffice.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I don't think you guys are getting what I was trying to say. If you put one card in water, for purposes of splitting it only, it will be fine. The card will obviously split, but when you rubber cement it to another split card, it will be fine. No, it will not handle like a normal card, but these aren't meant to be used as normal cards, they're meant to be used as add-ons to your decks.

Nov 22, 2007
I disagree. More than half of making gaffs is to make them handle just as well as the rest of the deck. You don't want a bent and wiggly gaff card in a deck of cards. In fact, the reason rubber cement is used at all is because it is normally spirit based, not water based.

Water screws up the cards! Stick a wet gaff in a deck and you can see in the edge of the deck the wiggly and dark edge of the gaff.

Do not stick your cards in water!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results