X Finger | Geoff Weber

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
X Finger by Geoff Weber - "Imagine being able to show your hand completely empty, then borrow a pen and write the word coin on your finger. With the shake of your hand the word coin transforms into a real coin. Or you approach a group of spectators show your hand to have nothing on it and suddenly your name appears on your finger. These are only some of the unlimited possibilities that you can do with the X Finger principle."

What is X Finger?- X Finger is a principle that requires no gimmicks. It is completely impromptu and allows for some of the most beautiful and unusual vanishes, transformations, transpositions and appearances in all of magic. X Finger represents all that is good about powerful close-up magic. It's simple, visual, easy to understand, and easy to perform.

Thoughts About X Finger- What the ad states is 100% true. The pen can be borrowed, absolutely no gimmicks, it's 100% impromptu (depending on what you decide to perform with the concept) and very practical and not only that, but it's highly visual. There are a lot of important details and nuances to performing it well. This is one of those effects where there is more to it than the method and is limited only by your imagination. The video was taught with excellency, the quality and video was top notch, and also special guest Reed McClintock who's Stars and Hexes inspired this trick. It's a simple, yet highly effective effect that is perfect anytime and anywhere.

What Is Possible Using the X Finger Principle? Everything from 'card revelations', 'devining serial numbers and names', to 'swallowing needles and making them appear in your finger' to 'making flies jump across your fingers' to ' making scribbles into a drawing, name or number, to 'making the ink come off your skin and becoming thread', to basic 'vanishes' and 'appearances' to about anything you can think of.

"Add X Finger to your working material and you will be performing magic unlike anything your spectators have ever seen. It looks like trick photography live and in the flesh."

http://papercranemagic.com/xfinger.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Personally I do not like it, its clumsy or atleast thats what I think.

Each to his own, but the gem in X Finger is it's limited only by your imagination and not a lot of effects can say that. Also, if you bought the trick, why did you? Was it because it fooled you? Or are you basing the effect ONLY on its method?

Inferno Kaiser

Sep 16, 2008
It is one of those effects that are a bit clumsy in method, I was fooled but was disappointed to know the method. I was hoping for a more creative method. That's just my opinion. What would happen if a heckler is there. I like heckler friendly effects.

Jul 8, 2009
Here is my own opinion on how X Finger worked for me. I saw the trailer for the DVD and loved the reactions from the crowd. You don't really see much so I can't say it fooled me. When I got it, I don't really get disappointed by a method because the bottom line is does it fool a spectator. In my case--no, it does not. I had a few people tell me that it is the worst effect I had ever performed. Also, lay people are not stupid---they all figure out what is going on. It is not that difficult to figure out. I do not recommend it.

May 4, 2008
the bottom line is does it fool a spectator. In my case--no, it does not. I had a few people tell me that it is the worst effect I had ever performed. Also, lay people are not stupid---they all figure out what is going on. It is not that difficult to figure out.

If you perform it poorly this will be true. This is also true of most effects when they are performed poorly. The magicians who can do this well say the reactions have been amazing.

Apr 1, 2009
California
^ I can attest to that. It takes a lot of practice to make look natural and like magic, as far as positioning in general goes, but what you can do with this is almost limitless, only limited to your imagination and what you can draw.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results