Xpell and Solid Reviews

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Solid and Xpell are two effects for sale at Kevin Parker's website, illcenter. Solid is a visual borrowed soda tab link onto borrowed necklace, and Xpell is a startlingly visual card to box.

Solid
Teaching
The teaching is fairly good. Kevin does a decent job explaining the effect, although he stumbles at times. You can tell it isn't rehearsed. The effect is simple enough that you can pick it up quickly, and Kevin explains everything you need.

Quality
The quality is pretty good, not HD, but high quality. My only complaint is the video itself is repetitive and boring, there is really nothing that kept my attention.

Method
This is a deviously simple effect, and when I first learned it I couldn't believe he was actually selling this. Kevin has actually spent time refining the handling, and it is very clean. Sometimes simple effects are the best.

Overall
This is a good, simple effect that can easily be integrated into any close up act. I recommend checking it out if you are in to this sort of thing.

Xpell
This was the effect I was eager to check out. A chosen card jumps into the box, literally! You can actually see the entire card box jump and flip in the air. Very unique.

Teaching
As with Solid, there is nothing exciting about Kevin's teaching. It's a tad repetitive and monotonous, but you Kevin still succeeds in getting the handling across.

Quality
Same as Solid.

Method
This is very interesting. It uses a very cheap gimmick, and you probably have one lying around your house, although I doubt you've considered using it for this purpose. If you don't have one, Kevin explains where you can purchase one for a cheap price. The handling is very simple, and a beginner will be able to get this down easily. You end slightly dirty, but Kevin explains how to be able to hand everything out for examination.

David

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results