Star Wars White - Special Edition or Printing Error?

RKMagic

Elite Member
May 14, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I was shopping in Barnes and Noble today when I came across an interesting deck of White Star Wars Playing Cards. The deck was different from all the others with Yellow coloring where the clear foil should be and the box flap and sticker were on the complete opposite side to where they should be. Is this a new special edition, or just a crazy printing error?

Attachments

• IMG_2647.jpeg
    IMG_2647.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2648.jpeg
    IMG_2648.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 205
Sep 26, 2023
USA
They are not a special edition, but rather a production mistake that can occasionally happen during the manufacturing process.

Jan 3, 2024
I was shopping in Barnes and Noble today when I came across an interesting deck of White Star Wars Playing Cards. The deck was different from all the others with Yellow coloring where the clear foil should be and the box flap and sticker were on the complete opposite side to where they should be. Is this a new special edition, or just a crazy printing error?
So I too got hold of one of these and wondered if it was a fake or something compared to another deck I had. I bought another two packs and turns out they where both different one had yellow like in your picture the other was just a subtle yellow all over but with a gold band too. I didn't notice the colour difference until I put them both next to the very white newer versions (see attached pictures). I contacted theory 11 about this sending pics and they replied telling me the yellow ones where the earlier first edition rare versions! I hope you bought it!?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103-212447_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103-212447_Gmail.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 72
Jan 3, 2024
So I too got hold of one of these and wondered if it was a fake or something compared to another deck I had. I bought another two packs and turns out they where both different one had yellow like in your picture the other was just a subtle yellow all over but with a gold band too. I didn't notice the colour difference until I put them both next to the very white newer versions (see attached pictures). I contacted theory 11 about this sending pics and they replied telling me the yellow ones where the earlier first edition rare versions! I hope you bought it!?

Sorry issues attaching pics, here they are...

Attachments

• IMG-20240103-WA0011(1).jpg
    IMG-20240103-WA0011(1).jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG-20240103-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20240103-WA0012.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 67

RKMagic

Elite Member
May 14, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the insight! Thankfully, I did purchase it! I had never seen one like it, so I couldn’t pass it up.

Jan 3, 2024
Thanks for the insight! Thankfully, I did purchase it! I had never seen one like it, so I couldn’t pass it up.
Well done, it's the only other I've seen tbh even on line that's why I contacted Theory11 direct about it. Hopefully we have the only two in existence :)

XeroStaticFlux

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2023
Albany NY
I love errors like this, as it makes a common/average easy to acquire deck unique/rare! (unless its a cheap haphazardly printed deck like most the generic crap from china, where a perfectly printed and cut deck is the exception)

I've managed to collect about 200ish T11 decks, and outside those still sealed (that I obviously cannot inspect the cards within) I have yet to encounter a single noticeable print error on a tuck or card. Closest to an error I've seen is a few decks with very minor cutting alignments being off ever so slightly.

Jan 3, 2024
I love errors like this, as it makes a common/average easy to acquire deck unique/rare! (unless its a cheap haphazardly printed deck like most the generic crap from china, where a perfectly printed and cut deck is the exception)

I've managed to collect about 200ish T11 decks, and outside those still sealed (that I obviously cannot inspect the cards within) I have yet to encounter a single noticeable print error on a tuck or card. Closest to an error I've seen is a few decks with very minor cutting alignments being off ever so slightly.
Yeah I agree it's great fun finding something like this that's out of the ordinary. Do you have a pack like these too?

Wow that is quite a collection of Theory 11 cards! I've only really got a few of their packs recently with being in the UK shipping costs from them are just so high. I probably have close to that amount in not more in my Bicycle collection though! I wish these companies released figures for how many of each specific deck of cards they print.

XeroStaticFlux

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2023
Albany NY
Many I have are duplicate copy's as I keep one pack sealed as a collectable, along with one to use/thumb through if I am able to get ahold of more than 1. Half my collection was acquired through estate sales, which helped alleviate some of the costs and built my collection fairly quickly.

Pretty sure I saw somewhere in one of the forum sections a list of all the decks released, but its a half year or so since being updated, so is missing some of the latest decks released.

Here is the thread on released T11 decks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results