Dangerous - Unveiled Teaser 002 + W:H 1-on-1 Update

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just a quick note that the Dangerous teaser 002 (Unveiled) has been posted in the theory11 media section. While still a teaser, this second glimpse will give you a much closer look into the scope and depth of the Dangerous project. We embarked on this journey with d+M just over four months ago, and to see the final project come together has been challenging yet extremely fulfilling. We're very excited about the result - an enormous project - and more details will be posted in the days to come...

As is tradition, the 1-on-1 section has also been updated at 11:00pm EST with a new video by Wayne Houchin - W:H's first 1-on-1 posted on theory11. This is an essential control that is part of Wayne's everyday repertoire, aimed for those on a beginner to intermediate ability level.

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
I have a question. No disrespect to T11 or any magic company but,

With this latest 1on1, is it ethical for T11 to expose LePaul's method in exchange for money? I've seen other companies do it too, I mean look at E's Crash Course 2. But in the end, aren't all magic companies exposing older methods for money?

So if its ok for companies to do it, whats the deal with youtube kids exposing stuff for free?

Thoughts?

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I have a question. No disrespect to T11 or any magic company but,

With this latest 1on1, is it ethical for T11 to expose LePaul's method in exchange for money? I've seen other companies do it too, I mean look at E's Crash Course 2. But in the end, aren't all magic companies exposing older methods for money?

So if its ok for companies to do it, whats the deal with youtube kids exposing stuff for free?

Thoughts?

How is selling an effect/sleight exposure?

Sep 1, 2007
Aaron Fisher has an advanced handling of the Bluff Pass in his book, Paper Engine. It looks really convincing.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Well let's keep in mind that Wayne has already taught the Bluff Pass in Indecent. Also, kids who teach tricks and moves on Youtube usually do a very poor job of explaining things in great detail. Keep in mind many of the members here have been involved in magic for a long time, so while them and many other magicians know this effect, there are still a handful of newbs who could benefit from learning the effect.

But yes, it doesn't make much sense. There is a big difference though, (I assume) Wayne got permission to teach the sleight, kids on youtube don't. And it isn't exposure if people are paying for it, especially if it is from a credible teacher/resource which Theory11 obviously is. Good point, but it is going into an area that has had much debate over the years already.

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
Yeah krazytim, thats a good way to sum up my point. Better learn it from a credible teacher rather than a random kid on youtube but at a cost. I brought up the point because a while ago there was some uproar about a guy charging people for instructional vids exposing sleights and techniques, when T11 are pretty much doing the same thing for 1on1s, excluding effects or moves that the T11 Artists actually created.

I think its fair to charge for something you create, but when you charge for someone else's move then its a bit.....ya know...unless you have permission.

The 1 on 1 section is just for small tricks and sleights only. The Le Paul pass is perfect and the price is definitely worth it. I love the le paul pass and I use it a lot. Maybe some people just don't want to buy Indecent or another video for more money just to find the Pass.
PS: Wayne uses Jerry's??? What's the deal with that? Hey Wayne!! Send me those Jerry's!!!

Sep 1, 2007
The le paul pass looks like a complete waste of money. It's very easy to figure out this pass even if you don't know what a bluff pass is.

And if you do know what a bluff pass is, then this is very simple.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Whoa guys, what's with the negativity?
Remember that not everybody knows how to do it.

What about overseas magicians that don't wanna pay shipping for a DVD or a book that teaches it. I think that the download would be better for them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results