Saturday Night Contest : What You Think

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Over the past 40+ weeks we have seen Saturday Night Contests of all types - from fun ones to serious ones, from funny ones to creative ones - from podcasts to mind games.

Give us your feedback and let us know what ideas you may have for theory11 Saturday Night Contests in the weeks, months, and years to come. We'll be listening and watching this thread closely for ideas and inspiration.

Feb 21, 2008
In Your Closet
I think that all of the Theory11 artists should have a cage match to the death, then everybody can make their predictions on who will win; if they're right, they get to treat themselves to a free 1-on-1. :D

That would be awesome.

No really, I think the roundtable discussions are working nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ssSlayerWolf
Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Make your own gimmicked trick/non-gimmicked trick.
The best one wins a deck of split spades.

The best design for a joker card contest.

The funniest card trick that makes sense. (your own)

A real story that deals with a heckler and the best comeback you ever gave on the spot to shut him up.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
here are a few suggestions

1) we have had some parody contests how about one for JB and his dance skill's

2) along the same lines a Katie egleston look alike contest. haha

3) a trivia quiz version of SNC. have some magic related questions posted. first to answer all correctly or who ever answers the most by the end wins

4) creative nick name contest. come up with nicknames for T11 artists.

5) artist's artist contest. Draw, paint sketch your favorite T11 artist and upload a pic. favorite one wins

---- also on a seperate note, having a SNC that was judged by the members would be interesting. The T11 staff does a great job judging the contest but it would be cool to see a winner picked by those of us participating. nobody could complain then and it would be interesting to see if the members and staff picked the same people

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Perform a Theory11 trick in front of live aduince and then make a video review of the trick. Maybe it's hard to first make a performance video and then also a review when you only got a few hours tough. :)

Though I like the ideas of the more complex contests, I'd like some simple ones that can be done easily on a Saturday night...like guessing how many Jerrys Chris has hiding in the Federal Reserve or whatever high security facility they are in...oh yeah his house :D

Edit: Also I'd like to see a coin magic related contest, coins don't seem to be getting much attention in T11, their forum is 2nd least used and the last is Cerca Trova which onl certain things are posted there.

Reactions: Karo-K54
Aug 31, 2007
I think that you should organize the contests more such as like, 4 different types of contests for every week of the month. Like the first week is a magic contest, second week is a flourishing contest, next week is a creative contest etc. Or you could set it up like the first week would be a contest where you just use text and reply to the board, the second week could be one that involves a camera, third week could be a contest in which you need a video camera etc.

Just some ideas :)

Jan 27, 2008
My suggestions:
1)Never give an uncut sheet of signed guardians again
2) I agree with Dannyt's idea; make up some insults that a heckler might say and whoever writes the best comebacks to them wins.

Reactions: Karo-K54
Mar 30, 2008
DC
How about...

Guess how many Jerry Nugget's Chris Kenner has ( I think he is the one with a lot right? Or is it another T11 artist), whoever guesses it right gets one. Just kidding.

I think it would be cool if we had different types of contests every week in the month like garret94 said.

The first week could be some magic contest. The next week could be flourishing. The third week could be a creative contest, and I think for the last week, instead of a Saturday night contest, just a saturday contest. In this, we would have a day to go out and film ourselves performing. Whoever has the best crowd management, trick presentation, etc. wins some prize.

Though this contradicts my previous post of no complex contests, I'd like to see one where we are asked to create a trick that uses every card in the deck, though more than handling them all but presenting each one and making them all relevant to the trick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results