Joel Paschall - I thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2007
you hated ace assemblies >_>

Taken from Joel's Artist Profile
Q: Do you have a favorite effect?
A: I am obsessed with card to pocket. I am a fan of pretty much all magic done well, except ace assemblies. I always hate those.

And what is tonights 1 on 1 on? an ace assembly by our one and only. I just think its funny and quite ironic :p

-f1stzero

Dec 22, 2007
i bet he doesnt even use that trick in real life. theyre running out of material probably.

looks like its quantity over quality now...look at all those 1 on 1's

Oct 24, 2007
i bet he doesnt even use that trick in real life. theyre running out of material probably.

looks like its quantity over quality now...look at all those 1 on 1's

yeah I must say lately those 1 on 1 weren't all that. I miss Chris Keener's 1 on 1s

Aug 31, 2007
When you all demanded for more regular 1 on 1 updating, they were kind enough to promise a new 1 on 1 EVERY week. That's EVERY week.

Now, we begin getting picky about the quality of what they produce, wishing every 1 on 1 came from Chris Kenner's hard-to-come-by-and-even-harder-to-create material.

It's obvious they have to run out of material, sooner or later. Unless they take Expert Card Technique. Expert at the Card Table and Royal Road to Card Magic and teach every single move in it.

Who agrees with me that we should let them have a break and have less regular 1 on 1 updates?

- harapan. magic!

D

Deleted member 2755

When you all demanded for more regular 1 on 1 updating, they were kind enough to promise a new 1 on 1 EVERY week. That's EVERY week.

Now, we begin getting picky about the quality of what they produce, wishing every 1 on 1 came from Chris Kenner's hard-to-come-by-and-even-harder-to-create material.

It's obvious they have to run out of material, sooner or later. Unless they take Expert Card Technique. Expert at the Card Table and Royal Road to Card Magic and teach every single move in it.

Who agrees with me that we should let them have a break and have less regular 1 on 1 updates?

- harapan. magic!

I would take quality over quantity any day.

-Doug

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
I agree that they should have less regular 1 on 1 updates. If they were to create a 1 on 1 every week, i think they would run out of ideas pretty soon. And people will complain about the 1 on 1s.

D

Deleted member 2755

you hated ace assemblies >_>

Taken from Joel's Artist Profile
Q: Do you have a favorite effect?
A: I am obsessed with card to pocket. I am a fan of pretty much all magic done well, except ace assemblies. I always hate those.

And what is tonights 1 on 1 on? an ace assembly by our one and only. I just think its funny and quite ironic :p

-f1stzero

He may hate them, but he possibly still may use them.

The 1 on 1 section is updated every week. Some people may like this. Some people might not. You can't expect a work of art every week. When something really good comes around, then you'll pick it up. Some people still may end up using this though. Personally, I have no need for it as I have an ace production that I'm more fond of. Others though may have a great use for this though. I barely ever buy 1 on 1 videos because most of them that come out I have almost no use for. However, when a 1 on 1 that I would use comes out, or something unique, then I would absolutely pick it up.

It's simple, if you like it then buy it. If you don't like it... wait until next Friday. :)

-Doug

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA

- harapan. magic!

I don't agree, because no one is forcing you to buy the 1-on-1s.

Not all of us are on the same level. A beginner may get his/her money's worth from something that one of us might find elementary. These are intended for quick hits after all.

But to suggest T11 is running out of ideas is flat-out moronic.

Sorry to dash, but I have some fireworks to 'splode. I'll be back later to take my flames.

Sep 1, 2007
I don't agree, because no one is forcing you to buy the 1-on-1s.

Not all of us are on the same level. A beginner may get his/her money's worth from something that one of us might find elementary. These are intended for quick hits after all.

But to suggest T11 is running out of ideas is flat-out moronic.

Sorry to dash, but I have some fireworks to 'splode. I'll be back later to take my flames.

I agree. The idea of releasing all of these 1-on-1's is that there is something for everyone. Obviously people who can do False Syble, Molecules 1-4, and Kryptonite all at once blindfolded won't really need to learn Static, but it's there for those people who do need or want it.

I have no problem with the material that is being released in the 1-on-1's. It's nice to know I have options--that it's there for me as a resource.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
I think the staff should stop releasing 1-on-1s every week; bi-weekly, or even monthly, would be just fine. There's no need to have the option of learning something new every week unless you are already a master of that which you know.

I agree. The idea of releasing all of these 1-on-1's is that there is something for everyone. Obviously people who can do False Syble, Molecules 1-4, and Kryptonite all at once blindfolded won't really need to learn Static, but it's there for those people who do need or want it.

I have no problem with the material that is being released in the 1-on-1's. It's nice to know I have options--that it's there for me as a resource.

Honestly, the 1-on-1 section is probably my favourite feature on the site at the moment.

I've learned many valuable sleights through the section which I currently use, and will however long I perform. Agreed, some of the effects aren't that strong but, that all depends on your personal outlook.

I am extremely happy with the 1-on-1 section 99% of the time. NO where else do you get HD quality tutorials that cheap on a weekly basis.

And if Joel didn't ever use this effect I don't believe they'd put this in the section, that wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
I think the biggest problem with the way the 1-on-1 section was originally was that it was sporadic and unpredicable. Like there'd be none for 3 weeks and then there would be 6 effects from the Trilogy. There haven't been any that I have personally been interested in for a while, but that doesn't mean that not everyone would want them. However, I'd rather them be less frequent but still on a schedule. Every other friday, or the first of the month, or whatever.

Sep 2, 2007
What the hell is this? Why are people saying he's a good guy? He says one thing and he does another. It's like me saying i'm the most friendly guy around and going and raping a whole bunch of children.

Literally with all these bad tricks and cuts it's becoming ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results