Joel Paschall - I thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
I think the biggest problem with the way the 1-on-1 section was originally was that it was sporadic and unpredicable. Like there'd be none for 3 weeks and then there would be 6 effects from the Trilogy. There haven't been any that I have personally been interested in for a while, but that doesn't mean that not everyone would want them. However, I'd rather them be less frequent but still on a schedule. Every other friday, or the first of the month, or whatever.

True. I haven't ordered DM's Dangerous yet, so I don't know if his 1-on-1s were taken directly from that. Still, I like the regular, weekly releases. It separates T11 from the rest of the pack. Sankey did this for a while (I may be mistaken) and from what I understand, he tapped out. But T11 has the benefit of a large group of artists. Just last Wednesday we met Andrei Jikh, so that will be even more brought to the table.

I paid the $12 for Chris Kenner's Five Speed and was not disappointed. As for the dogging on Paschall, his 1-on-1s haven't been from any of his videos. They may be simple, but they are taught well. I appreciated the fan control. A relative noob like me appreciates that. Also, keep in mind that we're not paying for the secret of the trick. We're paying for teaching by pros. I bought Aaron Fisher's 1-on-1 about the double lift a good year after buying E's Crash Course 2, and appreciated every minute of it.

Most importantly, T11 markets them well enough so that we can make good decisions about whether we should buy it.

joelpaschall

theory11 artist
May 6, 2008
you hated ace assemblies >_>

Taken from Joel's Artist Profile
Q: Do you have a favorite effect?
A: I am obsessed with card to pocket. I am a fan of pretty much all magic done well, except ace assemblies. I always hate those.

And what is tonights 1 on 1 on? an ace assembly by our one and only. I just think its funny and quite ironic :p

-f1stzero

I do hate ace assemblies, sorry I just get board watching them. (If any body cares to discuss why you can PM me. I'll be happy to share the details.) This however is not an ace assembly this is an ace cutting sequence. It's called an ace cut, it's described as an "Ace cutting sequence'" and in no way or form does it resemble an Ace Assembly ( I hate those) It is something I use in real life, I use it every day. It's actually a utility sleight of mine. The ace cutting is good and it's a nice opener, it establishes credibility and always get's the tables attention. However this is simply one effect possible it's the sleight I wanted to share with you. Effects are nice but I always appreciate the sleights more, especially if I see the potential and practical uses in my every day work. This sleight is one that has served me well.
Best wishes to all,
JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results