Signature changes cards or Signing two cards

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
I've been doing some searching around the forums and on the net, but I can't seem to find what I need.

I read in another thread that it is possible to get a spec's signature to change cards. How? And is it possible for the spec to sign a card and have it appear on a duplicate of that card?

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks,
James

Sep 1, 2007
Check out Paul Harris' Backlash, from the Art of Astonishment Vol. 1. It's not quite what you're looking for, I don't think, but it has a general theme of signatures jumping around.

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Just in case anybody else is curious about how to get duplicate signatures, I've found that Robert Giobbi's Card College; Volume 5 has a section on obtaining a duplicate of your spectator's signature with his knowledge.

I'll see if I can find out some more info on it.

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I've been trying like crazy to find a way to have someone sign the face of one card (like the three of hearts) and have it appear on the face of another (seven of spades, let's say), but I haven't even seen a method let alone a trick to do this.

Sounds like we're trying to get the same effect. :)

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
I've been trying like crazy to find a way to have someone sign the face of one card (like the three of hearts) and have it appear on the face of another (seven of spades, let's say), but I haven't even seen a method let alone a trick to do this.

Sounds like we're trying to get the same effect. :)

no, mine's different.. i'm trying to put it onto a duplicate.

i've found one effect which does what you're describing: it's called "amazing materialising signature" by john rivav.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/876207/amazing_materializing_signature_by_john_rivav_magic_trick/

see if you can figure out how it's done. if you can't, let me know and i'll tell you or give you a hint. :p

D

Deleted member 2755

Doesn't Justin Miller have an effect that does something like that?

Justin Miller does have a great trick like this. You and a spectator sign cards.... the signature switch cards. They then go back to their normal cards. Then.... you reveal that both signatures are on the same card! However, Justin Miller's site is currently down. You also can't purchase it from him currently (I got the last one ;)). He is scheduled to film it with Kozmo Magic this year for a permanent release, but I'm not sure what the status of it is at the moment...

-Doug

Sep 2, 2007
California
Ahh yes, the Crystal Method. I've been looking into this for quite some time. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the makers of this effect are providing one "crystal method
" in each July issue of Genii magazine. At least thats what they said.

or wait... could it have been Magic magazine...? hmm... I'm pretty sure it was Genii...

Fatal by d+M, one of my favourite tricks to perform, and I use it regularly, it is in the Lecture Notes 'One'.

Also, the first effect on the Army of 52 DVD, (I believe they just call it "Stranger Card"), I'm not recommending this product (or the gaff deck) or doing the opposite, just informing you that its there.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results