Dropping Cards

Ive been doing a lot more flourishes than I've used to do lately, and I've been doing them perfectly in the mirror and for myself, but once I get in front of an audience I choke. Now this is not my real problem, I know that just takes practice to get over the nerves, but what about when you do drop the cards, I feel like such an idiot picking them up right in front of my audience. How would I go about picking up cards to make it not seem so stupid and embarassing? The same concept goes for tricks such as card through window where you throw the cards and they go everywhere. How could I pick them up without the since that I messed up?

Forane

May 4, 2008
NYC
well, i don't usually perform flourishes in front of audiences. I just do them on the train or something and when i drop the cards, i just smile a little bit, laugh to myself, and pick up the cards while shaking my head in disappointment. haha
but idk i guess do what benjamind said: laugh with your audience.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
When I'm in the middle of a flourish and I start dropping cards, I just finish the flourish. Pay no attention to the cards on the floor.
Then at the end of the flourish, pick them up leaving 1 and ask a spec to think of a card. They say 5 of hearts and usually it's the wrong 1, so I say I take the five of hearts and change it into whatever card you pick up.

It's just to get a laugh.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results