Vent on International Shipping Prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this might have been brought up a few times, but WTF is with the BS SHIPPING PRICES OFFERED BY T11? $40 for a brick of cards? are u ****ing serious?

I know for a fact that USPS Priority Shipping is actually - 11.95$ NOT $40 why the hell do you need an extra 28$ from each of us...

Man there goes my dream to get a brick of smokes and mirrors... :(

Apr 28, 2008
I was going to buy Panic and some Split Spades from T11 recently but when I saw the shipping prices I decided not to.

I was also planning to buy a brick of smoke and mirrors but decided to only get 6 because of the obscene shipping.

It's absolute BS, nearly all other magic sites are A LOT cheaper.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'm in agreement here. The single reason I bought my S&M from D&D rather than T11 is that their shipping was about half the cost of T11's, for the same service.

And even then, compared to for example Lee Asher's personal site, Lee's site's shipping is about 15% of D&D's shipping, and takes the same amount of time - in fact, that was the reason for a personal email I sent to Lee thanking him for that service. Simply outstanding, I was so thankful, it's a great example to other magic shops.

Shipping is the sole reason I have yet to buy magic from T11 - I can only buy things one item at a time, but the shipping is not worth it, it's only mildly acceptable if you buy a load of things at the same time, and I don't have the money..

Mar 29, 2008
There is something to be said about companies that want to make money on the shipping as well as the item - the cost of business dictates they may have to charge a little more to cover the handling charges to get your item out the door...but I would think they would swallow that cost a bit on the amount of business they do. Anyhow, I am interested to see if this is addressed, as I have decided not to purchase items because of the shipping...nothing like getting to the point of paying...to back out last minute because of the add on fee.

I reccomend you all buy your card products on ebay. The shipping is fair and the prices are the same:

search up:

Fullboatdealer

pokerstud52

ace-king-1

they are all good and reliable ... this is said by all member from decknique too.

Jul 15, 2008
So they don't carry S&M yet, but if you want to get your hands on SplitSpade Lions, goto penguinmagic.com

The cards are CHEAPER and shipping is FREE for orders over 20$

*edit*
sorry, but I'm not sure if it's free for orders overseas

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 23, 2008
Hi.
The international shipping is tooooooooooooo expensive, at least for Spain, and i think is the same for all the other countries...!!! And now the same happens to dananddave....
I was going to buy a brick of S&M here at theory11, but no way with that shipping prices 27,5$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With that i could bought another half brick.... and in Dan&dave 28,20$!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both sites should put alot cheaper shipping prices, they would sell aloooooot more.

Kyarox

Apr 28, 2008
Don't hold your breath. The most you'll get is something like, "Hey everyone! Stay awesome! xx" :rolleyes:

Yea, that's really annoying. Often, when there's an important issue being discussed and people aren't happy about it we just get some over the top BS that sounds like it's been copy and pasted like 'Hey we love you guys, we do everything we can to take magic your magic to the next level etc etc'. It's insulting

Jun 4, 2008
London
Its not only the ludicrous price but shipping takes ages as well, when ever i order cards from ebay from ace-king or full boat my cards have come within 7 days, but anything i have ordered from t11 has taken almost three weeks to arrive and have been over double the shipping costs.

Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
There are other retailers that carry these decks including John (AceKing) on ebay

Smoke & Mirror decks

The decks may be a little higher, but if you contact him DIRECTLY NOT ON EBAY, Im sure he will work with you all.

His shipping prices are just about at cost, I ship enough decks to know.

What you all are forgetting, is the fact that T11 does NOT do their own shipping. It is outsourced to an outside company. That means not only are you paying the shipping costs, but also the cost of labor, packaging, and storage to a completely different company. T11 isnt trying to profit from the shipping costs, the other company is doing it for them.

I mean do any of you honestly think Lee Asher stays up all night taping up boxes to send to you, lol.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
It's insulting

Indeed it is.

Like I've said in the past, I'm all for a friendly environment here and I love all the jokes that can be shared between members but when there is something that is having a big effect on us we should get something a little more.

Its not only the ludicrous price but shipping takes ages as well, when ever i order cards from ebay from ace-king or full boat my cards have come within 7 days, but anything i have ordered from t11 has taken almost three weeks to arrive and have been over double the shipping costs.

I've told this story before, but:

For Christmas last year, I got a heap of money and I wanted to spend some of it on magic. I wanted some things from E, theory11 and Penguin (annoying when you have to shop at three different places, innit?) so I placed all three orders on the exact same day within 15 minutes of each other.

Penguin was cheapest, followed by E and then theory11.

Now, I don't know about you but when something costs more I expect it to be better than something that costs less. This, sadly, was not the case. The cheapest out of the lot, Penguin, came first which I was really surprised about as I was expecting it to come last (and I would have understood due to the cheap shipping). Then, a few days later, E's package came. After E's package, I waited.. and waited.. and waited.. for about another 3 weeks until finally I get theory11's package, the most expensive of them all.

It sucks. And it should be addressed.

Sep 1, 2007
I

Now, I don't know about you but when something costs more I expect it to be better than something that costs less. This, sadly, was not the case. The cheapest out of the lot, Penguin, came first which I was really surprised about as I was expecting it to come last (and I would have understood due to the cheap shipping). Then, a few days later, E's package came. After E's package, I waited.. and waited.. and waited.. for about another 3 weeks until finally I get theory11's package, the most expensive of them all.
It's probably because T11 has more things to ship and is more busy than the other 2.

But I agree, I love the stuff on this site but I never buy from here because of the shipping.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
It's probably because T11 has more things to ship and is more busy than the other 2.

I highly doubt that being "busier" would have a 3 week difference. Let's remind ourselves that I picked priority for theory11 and just normal for the other two.

But I agree, I love the stuff on this site but I never buy from here because of the shipping.

And that's a pretty big problem which should be addressed properly.

Jul 15, 2008
Yea, for 1 year anniversary, t11 should hire some people to do the packaging and stuff like that...

I even regret buying those S&Ms now that I know it'll take another 3 weeks...

DAMN

Apr 28, 2008
I'm starting to think I should have bought the S&M from Dan and Dave instead. Although, I've heard a few bad things about D&D shipping, like things being missed out on orders, sending the wrong amount of decks etc.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
You guys have got to understand that shipping from T11 costs THEM a lot of money...

The whole "underground" thing isn't just a metaphor... The Theory11 office building is over 15 miles underground; the cost of getting something or someone up to the top is absolutely ridiculous.

===

In all seriousness - they need to make money, and shipping things overseas costs any company a LOT. Individuals (people) can send things a bit cheaper; hence the cheaper prices on Ebay, etc.

If you don't like it or can't afford it, simply don't purchase things. Or get the 1-on-1s.

//Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results