Vent on International Shipping Prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you must live in the US..

Nope.

I live in the UK. Shipping to here (if I want it fast and tracked) is a real *****.
Costs a fortune, from here, from E, whatever.

That's just the price I have to pay if I want the thing straight away and can't be bothered for a UK reseller to get the product, which they do randomly and after a time.

I just don't see what all the fuss is about. Yeah it costs a lot, maybe they could reduce it. But why should they? Cos' a bunch of people want them to?

I want a lot of things in life, don't mean I'm gonna' get em'.

There are more important things to be worrying about, seriously.

Rabid

Our arguement is that they think we are stupid to believe that it takes 3 weeks to get from the warehouse to our doorstep for 40$.... Then they try to rebut it by making some BS about envelops not being good.... stick with Ace-King-1 for custom decks while Pokerstud52 and FullboatDealer for regular decks (other than bikes) and 808cards.com for bikes.

Our arguement is that they think we are stupid to believe that it takes 3 weeks to get from the warehouse to our doorstep for 40$.... Then they try to rebut it by making some BS about envelops not being good.... stick with Ace-King-1 for custom decks while Pokerstud52 and FullboatDealer for regular decks (other than bikes) and 808cards.com for bikes.

I understand what the argument is, I'm simply pointing out that it's ridiculous.

Y'all keep going on about shipping and how long it takes and how much it costs and yet continually post places where it's better...so you're answering your own problem.

This is the shipping that they've chosen.
If you don't like it, get it from the places you do like.

Pretty simple math.

Rabid

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I suppose you could try if you wanted to...wouldn't do you much good though, would it. I said 'reseller' not other seller.

Please read what I said before having a dig that is as pointless as it is pathetic.

Rabid

Please read the part that I quoted you on.

Either way, I reseller is twice as expensive. Why should I have to pay $100 when I can get something for $30?

Please read the part that I quoted you on.

Either way, I reseller is twice as expensive. Why should I have to pay $100 when I can get something for $30?

Jakeh,

I did read the part you quoted me on, i wrote it so obviously I know what it means.

As for the above, well, if that's the case for you then I'm truly sorry.
I've never heard of a reseller charging twice as much for an item that can be bought elsewhere. I've never paid twice as much. if you have then I truly don't know what to say.

Rabid

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Recieved an order of Smoke and Mirrors today from D&D.com.

In a bloody envelope.

At least they can do it right.

Dont think I will be shopping with Theory11 again, obviously they really dont care about us, otherwise they would have posted in this thread.

Blink, which shipping method did you choose? (And since I don't remember each option's name, was it fastest, slowest or middle?)

Jakeh,

I did read the part you quoted me on, i wrote it so obviously I know what it means.

As for the above, well, if that's the case for you then I'm truly sorry.
I've never heard of a reseller charging twice as much for an item that can be bought elsewhere. I've never paid twice as much. if you have then I truly don't know what to say.

Rabid

Rabid, I'm not sure how those prices are calculated where Jakeh is, but I can say that my experience in Sydney is the same thing - generally, they sell for twice or more of retail price in America - and that's true in general of all the magic shops here, basically double the price. I can understand Jakeh's dilemma given that - big amount for shipping or twice retail price...

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Rabid, I'm not sure how those prices are calculated where Jakeh is, but I can say that my experience in Sydney is the same thing - generally, they sell for twice or more of retail price in America - and that's true in general of all the magic shops here, basically double the price. I can understand Jakeh's dilemma given that - big amount for shipping or twice retail price...

Here in Melbourne, 13 Steps To Mentalism was $95 when at Ellusionist it was $25. All custom decks are around $20 as well. Heck, normal bikes cost $10!

It sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
This is kinda like those funny guys on eBay selling jackets for 0.80-1$, shipping however is 80-100$ though hehe
Bragging about cheap "tricks" when you get "rich" off shipping does not make you "good" in any way ;)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Here in Melbourne, 13 Steps To Mentalism was $95 when at Ellusionist it was $25. All custom decks are around $20 as well. Heck, normal bikes cost $10!

It sucks.

lol yeah... 13 Steps I found for $65 here, but the custom decks are $20 at one shop and cheaper at the other (better) shop though... But the Masters series are the same price as normal Bikes basically, 2 bucks more at Sean's... Customs between 12-20, and I was just checking out his books online, double the price on D&D, Life Savers, Card College, AoA, TOoC... Sigh there are so many books I want to get, too...

I picked the SLOWEST D&D,

And the FASTEST Theory11.

And honestly, I have never recieved a package before 2 weeks with Theory11 and always get the fastest for $40+.

D&D was $14 and took 6 Days.

Hmm, oh that's cool I should be getting mine soon too, mine was the slowest shipping... Thanks man... Shocking, though. My Dangerous was 2 weeks with T11 slowest shipping, though. Others are still faster but.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Guys,

Firstly, numerous users have stated that they're upset with the fact that no theory11 staff member has acknowledged or replied to this thread. For those users, I refer you to my post a few pages back. Sorry if the reasoning I gave didn't suffice for some of you, but I stand by it.

Secondly, I've seen a few of you post in regards to "so-and-so's" site offering international shipping at $12.50 compared to our $40+. Which option are you comparing? One site's First-Class International is obviously going to be less expensive than our Express Mail International -- as they're two completely different options.

That said, I've personally taken on the task of going through our international shipping options individually and seeing if there's anything at all we can do for you guys. Your concerns are understandable, but do note that the majority of our rates are pulled dynamically from US Postal Service's servers - and when their rates go up, generally so do ours. Shipping costs are always subject to change.

We are - in fact - listening (as we always have) and, likewise, attempting to do something about it.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Guys,

Just to chime in - our shipping rates are always in constant state of evolution (as is most everything on the site as we continue to grow and improve). Appreciate the feedback as discussed in this thread, and we will look into things and see if there is anything that could be done to improve.

One point I would like to stress that is misunderstood in countless posts in this thread - NO ONE ships faster than we do. All packages leave our warehouse within 24 hours of purchase. After that, it's in the hands of the US Postal Service, and shipping time may vary. The USPS has no clue if a package is from theory11 or Apple - it will get there in the same amount of time, depending on the exact location where it is shipped to and day it is shipped.

Although we'd love to affix a miniature jet pack to every package that leaves our doors, there is nothing we can do to speed up packages once in transit, and we receive feedback everyday in our support center from members who get their packages lightning fast. If a package of yours is taking longer than it should (as described on our shipping info page), contact our support crew and they'll make sure it's being taken care of. All support tickets are answered within 12 business hours, always.

For now, I have closed this thread so that we can return to the magic. Once again, we do appreciate the feedback and will have our team research to see if there's anything we can do to improve rates for future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results