About The Raven

About The Raven......I just got it a few days ago and got lots of help on it from a coin magician that works at my LMS (local Magic Shop)

And I love it, It is so awesome and the trick you can do is almost endless, there is a point of no more go.
I love the effect you can do, (vanishes, shrinks, coin to card, coin through glass) and more.

this is actaully to tell you that you can make Silk vanish
yes SILK.

if you have the Raven take a silk 6" are GREAT and you can even use a 9inch
how it works.....without exposure

you take the line and tie the silk to it and the rest it up to you!

Yes I love the Raven as well, except haven't used it much in the summer since it's annoying have to wear a button up shirt in the heat. My favourite effect is turning a quarter into a 20 dollar bill =] Gets amazing reactions.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Bristol,England
Personally I think 'The Raven' is a very versatile gimmick which allows for some very visually striking magic.

I've used it a few times with some success, but then I started learning sleight of hand with coins.

Never gone back since:D

Many thanks

Daniel Chard

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Try talking over the noise as the coin vanishes. Or, actually slap your hand into the coin to make it vanish. Your choice, Mike.

Scott.
(from the Vanishing Rabbit)

PS: That silk thing looks killer!

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
I am terribly sorry but i am so anti raven. The fishing line is either to long or it just cuts the tip of my finger =(

Any advice on how to fix that?

Aug 31, 2007
I actually don't care for the Raven because I am not the type of person who wheres the things needed for the raven to work/be hidden.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
I am terribly sorry but i am so anti raven. The fishing line is either to long or it just cuts the tip of my finger =(

Any advice on how to fix that?

Well, I don't know what to say about it cutting your finger... but the length of the fishing line is completely under your control. Simply adjust it by
(a) tying knots
or, what I'd recommend:
(b) get a new line and re-do it, smaller.

You may be able to think up a different way to get the device "in position" that doesn't use the line. How about modifying a sanada gimmick? :)

A little creativity can overcome any problems you have.

Scott.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Well, I don't know what to say about it cutting your finger... but the length of the fishing line is completely under your control. Simply adjust it by
(a) tying knots
or, what I'd recommend:
(b) get a new line and re-do it, smaller.

You may be able to think up a different way to get the device "in position" that doesn't use the line. How about modifying a sanada gimmick? :)

A little creativity can overcome any problems you have.

Scott.

Ah thanks.

I made a makeshift m5 out of it.

~Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results