Toss switch/4 for 4 Switch?

Dec 22, 2007
I found a switch in Card College V. 4, and there is a packet switch which is the exact same thing as Kenner's 4 for 4 switch. Giobbi says that he thought of it. WTF mate?

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
There are tons of things like the 4for4 in print. None of which are very streamline and miss several of the important details in making it invisible. I have been doing that move over 25 years. Mine was in print years before the card college series started. I don't have the books so I am not sure what it means by he thought of it. Does it say in the book that this is his move he showed it to me and I ripped him off. FYI only met him once in passing and have never seen him perform. Does it even mention the 4for4 switch. I am not sure what you are insinuating with your post. Mate

It is very strange how things go when you put something in print. I showed the 4for4 switch to Marlo with a few alternate handling ideas in the early 80's and they showed up in print 6 months later with no mention of me. I never really cared because they were not as good as the way I was doing it. He just made a move that did not look like a move. go figure.

Chris Kenner

Dec 22, 2007
I don't have the books so I am not sure what it means by he thought of it. Does it say in the book that this is his move he showed it to me and I ripped him off. FYI only met him once in passing and have never seen him perform. Does it even mention the 4for4 switch. I am not sure what you are insinuating with your post. Mate

Giobbi wrote in the book that he thought of the switch. i was just wondering who published it first.

Sep 20, 2008
i see the dillemma- But i think i'll Trust Chris on this. what's the point of lying anyways?

Or maybe its just a misunderstanding =] or a misprint.. lol

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
I published mine the first time in 1985 in may first book "The Right Stuff". Card College 4 looks to have been published in 2000 in English and possibly in German in 1994 or 95.

Someone just sent me a pdf of the move and it is not quite the same anyway.

Chris Kenner

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
There are tons of things like the 4for4 in print. None of which are very streamline and miss several of the important details in making it invisible. I have been doing that move over 25 years. Mine was in print years before the card college series started. I don't have the books so I am not sure what it means by he thought of it. Does it say in the book that this is his move he showed it to me and I ripped him off. FYI only met him once in passing and have never seen him perform. Does it even mention the 4for4 switch. I am not sure what you are insinuating with your post. Mate

It is very strange how things go when you put something in print. I showed the 4for4 switch to Marlo with a few alternate handling ideas in the early 80's and they showed up in print 6 months later with no mention of me. I never really cared because they were not as good as the way I was doing it. He just made a move that did not look like a move. go figure.

Chris Kenner

Was that really Kenner? I didn't understand a word of that.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
move over 25 years. FYI only met him once in passing and have never seen him perform. Mate
go figure.

Chris Kenner

No offense but how can grammar be encouraged when the artists themselves neglect it.

I don't really care that much. I'm sure CK doesn't either. Close thread?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results