Retention Vanish

May 24, 2008
Hey Everybody,

I was just wondering what all of your favorite retention vanishes are and where you learned them?

Thanks,
Holo

Sep 19, 2008
Hey Everybody,

I was just wondering what all of your favorite retention vanishes are and where you learned them?

Thanks,
Holo

Justin Miller's in "Silver Dream" is a nice variation. (Ellusionist.com)

There's some classics in "In the Beginning There Were Coins" by Jay Noblezada (Penguinmagic.com)

best of luck,
_Lucas_

Oct 16, 2008
Kitchener,Ontario
Revolutionary Coin Magic

Hey Everybody,

Thanks,
Holo

I like Jay Sankeys variation on David Roths retention that was originally taught is Revolutionary Coin Magic.There is a cool upside-down retention in there to that looks super sweet.i would definitely recommend that DVD to anyone who wants to know some seriously sweet coin magic!!;)

May 18, 2008
I just use the classic one by David Roth, but I agree with Greg Wilson when he says that the position of the fingers is not natural. The illusion is so convincing though, it is worth justifying with patter.

May 24, 2008
I have actually justed switched to the variation retention pass by rubinstein. It is a lot more natural for me.

Alright, i changed my mind. I am relearning all my retention passes because I need to find one that works best for me. the rubinsteing variation pass doesnt really give me that much of a retention so I am gonna experiment with some. Any recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
I didn't really see it going into the hand, but on the other hand, i didnt see you steal it out. good job, but this is more of a standard vanish rather than a retention pass.

I guess you're right, it's more of a standard vanish. Maybe with better timing it could work out more as a retention possibly. Thanks.

May 24, 2008
Alright, you guys probably think I am crazy but I changed my mind again. I am doing the retention vanish used by David Stone. Its the classic Roth one, but he has obviously added some finesse. I was doing the rubinstein variation pass, but after showing it to some people, it was more of a casual false transfer (which I use the fingertip retention for) rather than a full out retention like the stone one.

Aug 31, 2007
Ohio
I really, really like Apollo Robbins' Wither Vanish. It can be found in Cultural Xchange v. 1, by him and Shoot Ogawa.

-Colin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results