Truffle Shuffle by Derek Delgaudio REVIEW

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys, just wanted to give ya a review on this. Its a VERY good looking in the hands false rifle shuffle, created by masta cardman Derek Delgaudio. This shuffle can be found in the latest issue of Genii, but I bought this download for 2 reasons. I'm not a big fan of the magazine, don't really want to talk about that, I just don't get along with some of the Genii people. Second reason being I wanted to support Dan and Dave. I'll probably get some flack for spending 12 bucks on a shuffle, but its my money, I'll buy whatever the edited I want with it. Anyways, onto the Truffle Shuffle!

What they say-

Derek DelGaudio’s Truffle Shuffle has been described as “the most deceptive false shuffle to date.” It happens in the hands and resembles a standard riffle shuffle exactly, so there's nothing to suspect. Learn the shuffle and all the subtleties from one of the best card magicians today.

Unlike other in the hands false shuffles out there, the Truffle Shuffle both looks and sounds exactly like a standard shuffle would. Show even your closest magic buddies and they will swear the cards were shuffled together. The illusion is perfect.

In this 14 minute video, Derek goes over everything you need to know about the Truffle Shuffle in intricate detail. Derek also tips several alternate methods that might be necessary for certain situations.
What I say- First off, I'm going to go out on a lamb and say that Derek Delgaudio is the best teacher I've ever come accross.

Thats right.

The guy is so freakin detailed, its not even funny. He's great with words, and knows just what to say to make you learn this thing. He's got a bunch of little hints and tips to make sure the shuffle is executed correctly.

The shuffle itself is really really easy. The only false riffle shuffle that was in the hands that I've come accross is oz Pearlmans, and this blows that out of the water. Its easier, it looks better, and its fun to do. As you can see in the demo, its pretty darn convincing. Its of course not self-working, and does require a lot of practice to make it look smooth, but the standard technique was unexpectedly easy. Its also 100% angle proof

The quality is obviously great. They have multiple angles, zoom-ins, the whole 9 yards. They credit everybody that inspired the shuffle, and also mention other shuffles like this one.

The only thing thats wrong with the video in my opinion is that they don't show Mr. Delgaudios face. Of course not a big deal, I'd just like to of seen whos teaching the move.

Pros
-Easy to do
-Looks fantastic
-Best teaching EVER
-Great quality

Cons
-Some may call it expensive at 12 bucks, but considering the move and the teaching, I think it was worth it.

GET IT NOW!!! 10 out of 10! ME WANT MORE DEREK!

Nov 10, 2007
I may be getting this it looks amazingly awesome!!!! How long do you think it will take you to get down? Please do not get all mad for this question it is just a question, if you say it will take a year to get it perfect does not mean I will not get it I am just wondering.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Do you have to make a perfect riffle shuffle if you want it to be "unshuffled" or can you do like 3-4 card in a bunch if ya get what I mean..

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah, I'll be perfectly honest, on the Surfaced DVD, my favorite applications of the clipshift came from Mr. Delgaudio.

May 6, 2008
Out on a Lamb?

"What I say- First off, I'm going to go out on a lamb and say that Derek Delgaudio is the best teacher I've ever come accross."

Where to? And will it hurt the poor lamb?:p

Attachments

• lamb.jpg
    lamb.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 236
Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I'm quite new to the technique, so it will probably take me like a month to get it down pat. But its well worth the practice.

Sep 1, 2007
Its been said that they are quite similar, but Dan Buck said that even Benjamin Earl would call this a better shuffle.

Sep 1, 2007
The price almost steered me away from getting it, but in the end my curiosity got the best of me. I had read nothing but good about the shuffle over at The Magic Cafe, so I had to break down and get it.

I will agree that it is taught in great detail. It may be a little steep priced, but given the right practice, I think that it will be worth it in the long run.

:)

Sep 3, 2007
Its been said that they are quite similar, but Dan Buck said that even Benjamin Earl would call this a better shuffle.

Thanks, I noticed that it's really similar. Does anyone know both, and can compare? (besides the owner of the site selling it).

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I myself don't know the grey shuffle, but the methodology is fairly similar. Having gotten the heinstein shuffle down smoothly, I would say this would be superior as there is not delay between the riffling and the springing of the cards.

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
i've been doing heinstein shuffle for 2 year now, just wondering if i should get this.
one question is that whether i can do a triumph using truffle shuffle with only one shuffle??? cuz this is usually how i use my heinstein for.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results