The best TnR?

Sep 2, 2007
neiother. you should get Drawing Room Deceptions which has mulitple effects, and one of the best torn and restored cards out there. It's by Guy Hollingworth

Sep 2, 2007
Guy hollingworths is not out now. it was out, but then it stopped being in print but with the magic of fandom, it is back in print. you can pre-order it here:

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/drawing-room-deceptions-guy-hollingworth-p-2376.html

and here:

http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=434

It's a book with mulktiple effects. the torn and restored card is, from what I hear, quite hard, but still amazing. here is Guy performing it himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8D3_SOzWnU

there are interviews in between, but it still shows the effect. anyways, if you want good stuff, look back 10+ years. the standards for magic were much higher.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
ANYONE interested in T&R's should make them selves familiar with JC Wagner's and Hollingworth's.

Untill you've done that, don't even bother looking at anything else.

I think that the best TNR is Impromptorn, It's AMAZING. The Creator is awesome and so cool. The creators name is David. That guy is AMAZING, It's completley impromptu. (I'll delete this if u want person who knows what i'm talking about).

Oh yeah, you cannot find it anywhere because its not published yet.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Depends on where and who you are performing it for. If you're a working pro, Rehab is visual, easy, resets quickly and workable.

Torn is great but does take a helluva lot of practice to get as smooth as Danny.

You could always go for Holy Grail which i personally think requires too much set up and just isn't that fun to perform but you can do it surrounded.

Guy Hollingworth's is also great but tough.

Mar 29, 2008
If you want some out of the ordinary tnrs, check out huron lows T&R project. I love it, all great effects, plus with it you get Daren Yeows 0630.

Alos I have heard nothing but good things from Dee Dhristophers Cinder(I think its called that)

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Rehab is great - Looks wise I thought it was very similar to a less open version of Torn, however, on learning the method it is very,very different and I like it better tbh!

You can show the signed card 360, front and back at the 3/4 stage - you're completely clean at that point. I think it's a very powerful, ultra workable TnR and definitely worth a look at only £8.99 for the download!

D.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
The only rpoblem with Mathieu Bich's TnR is that it is heavily gimmicked. Heavily gimmicked to the max. And the gimmick, once made, won't last forever, I still have mine, but as Chris Kenner points out in the dvd, it will break. Eventually.

As long as you odn't have a problem with that, TnR is a great Visual effect! and it allows you to end with a different card than that one your spectators 'saw' you join.

Sep 17, 2007
I designed Rehab to be performed in the real world. I LOVE Daniel Garcia's Torn. It's a beautiful effect. Unfortunately, it looks like crud in my hands and I had trouble with the angles. So, after A LOT of thought, I came up with Rehab. The angles are extremely good (if you perform it at chest level, you can do it surrounded). It's very easy to do. And you visually restore the last piece. Something not done with most T&Rs.

If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to PM me.

BTW, the Rehab dvd also comes with five bonus effects, so it's almost a full length dvd.

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
-In my opinion I found Torn somewhat easy and practical.
-Probably one of my favorite T&R effect around.

In order to perfect it, you would need to watch it at least 4 times with constant rewinding, then practice with yourself for quite a bit.

I mean, it's a great trick, I just think that it's a bit difficult and the flaw is pretty dangerous.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
In order to perfect it, you would need to watch it at least 4 times with constant rewinding, then practice with yourself for quite a bit.

I mean, it's a great trick, I just think that it's a bit difficult and the flaw is pretty dangerous.

-I know what you mean.
-Practice makes perfect.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
-Here are other T&Rs that are worth looking into:

Impromptorn by David 'Dizzi' Fulde- A miracle and evolution to the T&R plot that involves the pieces to be restored piece.by.piece in the most fairest manner and includes alternative endings that are sick..such as the creases removal and the card transformation and it's completely impromptu.

-From what I've heard:

Rehab by Cameron Francis is a T&R that could and can be performed surrounded, the last piece is restored and just looks good. And it includes 5 bonus effects also.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results