African-American Magicians?

Jan 16, 2008
Wroking Overseas
Hey guys I am just curious, is there and african american magicians here? Also, has anyone seen or heard of any popular professional african american magicians? I have tried to search online but nothing has come up. Well, Iwill take that back...nothing contemporary that is.

Jan 16, 2008
Wroking Overseas
Hey thanks man, but those are the same guys I found when I did my search too. This is also the exact same websites I found when I did my search in 2004. I was just wondering if there are any good african american that are recognized by any of the artists today. I have been doing magic for 6 years now and I have not seen any african american magicians create any magic or perform any magic professionally since I fell in love with the art. Its no big deal man, I was just curious. But thanks for the reply.

Aug 14, 2008
wow, i was just thinking the same thing the other day. it's good to know there are some other black magicians out there.

Dec 22, 2007
Hey guys I am just curious, is there and african american magicians here? Also, has anyone seen or heard of any popular professional african american magicians? I have tried to search online but nothing has come up. Well, Iwill take that back...nothing contemporary that is.

idk, but i know that there are many european-american magicians.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
David Blaine's mum is from a Russian Jewish descent, and his father is Puerto Rican. Nothing African there eh? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Sorry guys but Smoothini is not black. he's Dominican.
and I have to disagree with his style, he got all his own style, different from DB.

Jul 10, 2008
This makes me laugh.

I'll explain. When my wife and I were dating she had asked me one day, "Why are all magicians white?" (I too am white as a pair of unstained Haynes, she on the other hand is straight from Africa by way of Ghana) The way she put the question to me was as if I was the reason that black magicians are far and few between, which made me laugh. I fired back with, "I am the wrong person to ask this question too, you should ask "yo bruthas"" (If this offends some of you, I'm sorry, this is how my wife and I play. We're all the same color on the inside, no sense in getting bent out of shape about trivial stuff like color of skin)

My point?! If your question is are there any, well then yes. If it is why aren't there many that are well known, who knows and does it really matter?

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
I think Michael Vincent is one of the prominent black magicians around, definitely check out his work.

I think it's cool to find more magicians from different ethnic backgrounds.

But asking questions like why there are so few black magicians is like asking why there are so few black hockey players. Pointless.

Sep 1, 2007
FYI. There are lots of black Dominicans. Just as there are black Amaricans and black French people, and black everything else.

Also Black magician right here. ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results