Angle Zero Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2008
MoNTReaL 514 *****!
so yeah my parent invited some of there friends tonight and they asked me to do some magic soo i performed sometricks and i performed Angle Zero
but it just didn't went good i hate performing for old snob people they suck

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
its ok

Don't sweat it man; no matter how clean an effect is or how well you perform it, sometimes, people just don't react. This could be for a number of reasons, but first you have to realize, that that reason isn't you. You will get way more better reactions than poor reactions and that makes it worth it. Who knows, maybe they were really entertained, but just didn't react the way that most people do. Some people react very solemnly and conservatively, but are still just as impressed and entertained as the people that go crazy after an effect. Keep on chuggin man, you picked a great effect, and it's bound to work more than it fails. PM me if you need any help anytime.

Zack

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well what went wrong louis? Rather than blaming your spectators - maybe you just don't know how to perform for older folks? That's not their fault, it's yours - how you present yourself, what you perform, your patter, should all take into account the age demographic. I've performed for old people and I've had some tough cookies too. What went wrong, and maybe we could tell you how to improve. It sounds like your presentation went wrong.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
As I said - don't blame the spectators. That was pretty much your fault in how you presented the trick. Not old people man, your presentation. If you want reactions, you have to work for them. You can't just expect to present the same thing without any work to everything and for them to simply react. And as someone said earlier, no reactions doesn't necessarily mean anything. Judging success by reactions is a fallacy.

But your attitude towards a heckler (?) is alarming.

Sorry man, but no sympathy, blaming others won't help you in the future, but it says a bit about the magician you are, and if I'm right you'll probably ignore everything that could be helpful in this thread, including this post.

May 7, 2008
MoNTReaL 514 *****!
As I said - don't blame the spectators. That was pretty much your fault in how you presented the trick. Not old people man, your presentation. If you want reactions, you have to work for them. You can't just expect to present the same thing without any work to everything and for them to simply react. And as someone said earlier, no reactions doesn't necessarily mean anything. Judging success by reactions is a fallacy.

But your attitude towards a heckler (?) is alarming.

Sorry man, but no sympathy, blaming others won't help you in the future, but it says a bit about the magician you are, and if I'm right you'll probably ignore everything that could be helpful in this thread, including this post.

you joined theory11 on my birthday november 20.. yay me

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yes, ignore the content of the post completely.

I'm glad your performance ****** up.

lol, don't worry about it - as I said, I completely expected it. Some people are happy to be mediocre all their lives and blame it on others.

Remember how it felt when no-one reacted? Get used to it, it's gonna happen every time :)

Oh, and lol @ louis editing the above post. Here's an abidged version of what he originally typed:

louis said:
thanks dude and btw aussie chicks are hot

lol. Not that he'd know from experience.

Mar 4, 2008
praetoritevong is right, it wasn't the age of the people, it had to be your presentation. You have to realize that older people aren't interested it cool, visual, complex tricks. They ENJOY simple nice tricks. Personally, I love performing for older people - I get the best reactions from them.

May 8, 2008
England
Praetoritevong, as per usual, great posts.
Not evetything will work all the time, as has already been said.
Remember to gear your performance towards your audience, as ayli said, different tricks.
I have never performed Angle Zero, to anyone. The reason for this is that I think if your presentation of the effect is not near flawless and powerful, there's a fair chance of you looking like a ****. I'm not pissing on the trick here, I love DM and use his work far more than, well anything. But with angle zero it is all about performance.
-S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results