Oh....my....god!

Jul 19, 2008
What are those color changes in there? I recognize a few like the Jones Change and his weird twist on shapeshifter, and also paintbrush change. Does anyone know the name of any of the changes, especially the one where he puts in in the deck, he dribbles and it changes?

Jan 4, 2009
What are those color changes in there? I recognize a few like the Jones Change and his weird twist on shapeshifter, and also paintbrush change. Does anyone know the name of any of the changes, especially the one where he puts in in the deck, he dribbles and it changes?

It's not a dribble it's a Card Spring .. and it's in one of Brian Tudor's DVD's, dont remember in which tho.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
No.

I don't wee what's so unbelievable - those moves aren't hard to execute, taking into acount he is not worried, or nervous in front ofcomplete strangers, with real eyes and bodies thaat can move to any angle.

Considering he might have had a fewhundred camera shots before he got it right, it ceases to be so mindblowing.

I mean, I might be a cynic, but this is nothing special. Anyone can film color changes all day long, and at the end of the day only pick the best ones.

Gustav

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 24, 2008
No.

I don't wee what's so unbelievable - those moves aren't hard to execute, taking into aco**** he is not worried, or nervous in front ofcomplete strangers, with real eyes and bodies thaat can move to any angle.

Considering he might have had a fewhundred camera shots before he got it right, it ceases to be so mindblowing.

I mean, I might be a cynic, but this is nothing special. Anyone can film color changes all day long, and at the end of the day only pick the best ones.

Gustav

give credit where credit is due - he did a good job - and now 10 year olds are trumping people - great.

And if you are a cynic on his, then you have to be on all the other videos that people post -

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
give credit where credit is due - he did a good job - and now 10 year olds are trumping people - great.

And if you are a cynic on his, then you have to be on all the other videos that people post -

And I very well try to be.
Except that other people's videos don't have the tag 'Oh my God this kid is awesome". If he is, then I have yet to see him live up to his name.

Gustav

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Except that other people's videos don't have the tag 'Oh my God this kid is awesome". If he is, then I have yet to see him live up to his name.

Gustav

I do agree.

I think the representation of someone's ability in magic, or flourishing, is somewhat heightened through the use of film and video.

Gustav pointed out before that this kid is probably filming all day and putting together the best colour changes from the perfect angles.

If he was doing these colour changes for a crowd, in a routine, and impressing people well, then I would too join in the chorus of "OMG this kid r aw3somes". In this case, I can't. Fair enough, he can execute the sleights well, but doing it consistently and live is another matter.

-Sam H

Sep 24, 2008

Gustav

I do agree.

I think the representation of someone's ability in magic, or flourishing, is somewhat heightened through the use of film and video.

Gustav pointed out before that this kid is probably filming all day and putting together the best colour changes from the perfect angles.

If he was doing these colour changes for a crowd, in a routine, and impressing people well, then I would too join in the chorus of "OMG this kid r aw3somes". In this case, I can't. Fair enough, he can execute the sleights well, but doing it consistently and live is another matter.

-Sam H

I must be mistaken - is the original poster the guy in the video? If not then the original poster was saying the OMG part and NOT the person doing the magic, therefore your argument would not be valid -

If the original poster is in fact the same as the one in the video you then have a valid point and I would agree.

Either or what I was saying is that even if he did practice and shoot tons of videos and pick the best - the outcome was indeed a good showing - a lot of card magic is angle sensitive (related to the effects he was doing), if he was doing them in a live crowd he (being the Magician not the kid in the video) would choose the ones that fit best for the audience that he is performing for. This would be based on the angles of the spectators, their ability to move about as well as what kind of energy is and feedback the magician is receiving from them.

What I was saying was - based on the video alone - the performer did a good job of the effects that were performed - I dont think that anyone can deny that. I

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I must be mistaken - is the original poster the guy in the video? If not then the original poster was saying the OMG part and NOT the person doing the magic, therefore your argument would not be valid -

If the original poster is in fact the same as the one in the video you then have a valid point and I would agree.

Either or what I was saying is that even if he did practice and shoot tons of videos and pick the best - the outcome was indeed a good showing - a lot of card magic is angle sensitive (related to the effects he was doing), if he was doing them in a live crowd he (being the Magician not the kid in the video) would choose the ones that fit best for the audience that he is performing for. This would be based on the angles of the spectators, their ability to move about as well as what kind of energy is and feedback the magician is receiving from them.

What I was saying was - based on the video alone - the performer did a good job of the effects that were performed - I dont think that anyone can deny that. I

I am the original poster and in no way am i the kid in the video.

I posted this not for the color changes. Sure, he did them well but he could have filmed all day like Gustav said. The reason i put this put was for the other stuff. The double handed LDS, the 2 card LDS, the arm bounce. Those were the things that made me go "OMG!"

Apr 27, 2008
Norway

Ah, but here's the thing - Seeing as though the video was described as "OMG AMAZING" we very well hold our hopes high expecting a marvelous piece of cardsitry, not exactly this.

So the argument is indeed a valid one - the kid may or may not perform like that in a live perofrmance, seeing as though you are not nervous or worried when you can refilm any mistakes. Sure, he might have been able to pull it off, but that remains to be proved as to whether or not it really is an "AMAZING" performance.

I am the original poster and in no way am i the kid in the video.

I posted this not for the color changes. Sure, he did them well but he could have filmed all day like Gustav said. The reason i put this put was for the other stuff. The double handed LDS, the 2 card LDS, the arm bounce. Those were the things that made me go "OMG!"

Ah, why didn't you post that before :rolleyes:

You would have saved me quite a bit of typing. Either way, im still skeptical as to his ability to pull it off when real factors are placed in figure.

Gustav

Sep 20, 2008
Some of the changes made can be learned from Brian Tudor's Generation Xtreme (Though taught VERY quickly. but it is taught there, particularly the Snap-to-table change and that Spring-change.)

Otherwise, it seems pretty cool for his age. i didnt like the whole 'gangsta' vibe, but i thought it was really cool. and Why is there ****loads of arguments regarding the video? Its a video of a Talented Kid doing some Sleights. He may or may not perform as well in real life, but who cares. i spent a minute of my life watching his video, and i was satisfied. i was entertained. End of story.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results