Is Magic Sexist?

Dec 14, 2007
And yet no matter how many times you or anyone else repeats it, we can't stop teenage boys from turning into sweaty, grunting troglodytes who are ready to eat each other alive to compete for the young lady's attention.

I can actually forgive the teenage ones - hormones and all. The problem lies with the 40 year old ones.

Sep 1, 2007
I can actually forgive the teenage ones - hormones and all. The problem lies with the 40 year old ones.

Forgiveness is divine, but I'm infernal. Doesn't always work out.

Joking aside, it's hard to forgive the fact that none of the people giving this bad advice will listen. They're convinced that they're dispensing advice Cassanova would be impressed with while making it abundantly clear they're not speaking from experience, nor do they have any desire to test out their own advice in the real world.

It's not magicians, I see this a lot with musicians too. It's all the same, just with a different prop (guitar instead of cards).

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
It is same with professional video gamer's... Not so many girls there either... Just like the black people (I'm not racist)... There are not so many black gamers or magicians, but they are very good at sports... Everyone has their own thing... I guess that girls don't find magic to be their thing...

Are male magicians sexist? yes, I do believe it is more of a pride thing. Is there a lack of female magicians? No, Every magic show I have seen has a Lovely assistant. Do you really think those assistance are only there to bring on and off props? No, they have to work just as hard as the magician hiding secret moves, doing secret things. Also has anyone heard of Luna Shimada, Shedini, Niki Castle, Melinda, Charlotte Pendragon? If you haven't look them up on youtube.

i heard rumors that the 12th theory in magic is that women can't do it....

Well I feel you do not want to break out of that little thing called a box and be like every other stereotype magician. I feel if you still believe Women shouldn't be in magic, you are old and not modern. You will never be a great magician. You will only be like all the other clones out there who do not have a brain for themselves.

This statement is just complete arrogance on your part.

Well I feel you do not want to break out of that little thing called a box and be like every other stereotype magician. I feel if you still believe Women shouldn't be in magic, you are old and not modern. You will never be a great magician. You will only be like all the other clones out there who do not have a brain for themselves.

This statement is just complete arrogance on your part.

funny thing is that i have many friends that are women and do magic, probably better then you and most people on these forums. most of you are hobbyists, which is fine because you work on some difficult stuff, but i know women that work. I know women who perform better magic and get better reactions with "weak" effects than guys can with what they think is their top material. why? because it is easier for women to warm up to women, and men will warm up to them easily as they (probably) aren't trying to hit on or take their girls. less tension.

before you call me "old" and tell me i can't be a great magician, think how much sense it makes that a view of mine, that i don't believe, will make me not great.

how could thinking women can't do magic make me a worse magician? it can't really other then the fact that watching women do magic is
a) sexy
b) a good educational experience.

funny thing is that i have many friends that are women and do magic, probably better then you and most people on these forums. most of you are hobbyists, which is fine because you work on some difficult stuff, but i know women that work. I know women who perform better magic and get better reactions with "weak" effects than guys can with what they think is their top material. why? because it is easier for women to warm up to women, and men will warm up to them easily as they (probably) aren't trying to hit on or take their girls. less tension.

before you call me "old" and tell me i can't be a great magician, think how much sense it makes that a view of mine, that i don't believe, will make me not great.

how could thinking women can't do magic make me a worse magician? it can't really other then the fact that watching women do magic is
a) sexy
b) a good educational experience.

Then what was your intent of the post that set me off? I type the way I do because I truly believe in what I say. By the way I support Female magicians. Your original post suggested that you were against it, which is a very old way of thinking which is where I brought in the term old. I am not calling you old but the idealism of females shouldn't be in magic, old.

Sep 2, 2007
This is freaking ridiculous, magic isn't sexist is at all. To make it sexist I would have to say that women couldn't do magic because they were to busy in the kitchen or something along those lines.

And a famous female magician is Angelo Funifitz.

Sep 1, 2007
And a famous female magician is Angelo Funifitz.

I have to say that it doesn't really help the argument that the one female magician whose name keeps popping up more than any other is one who is widely considered to be insanely hot and is also something of the MySpace darling of magic.

Jan 18, 2009
This is getting out of hand,women can do magic. I originally posted this because i saw very little female magicians, mainly because i never looked. Now i found out about 20 different female magicians. And there great. The things is men like to be praised more than women do, of course this does not apply to every situation. most people like magic, to watch, and be amazed by it, so it does not matter male or female you can do magic equally as well, it's that simple.

Sep 2, 2007
I have to say that it doesn't really help the argument that the one female magician whose name keeps popping up more than any other is one who is widely considered to be insanely hot and is also something of the MySpace darling of magic.

Meh, she's ok.

Besides she's the only fmaouse female magician I've heard of and it also doesn't help the argument stating the obvious.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results