Daniel Madison's - Change

Feb 8, 2009
well im sure that there was at least 1 topic about this change - the best change ive seen.
the big question is - WHERE CAN I LEARN IT? it there any source that teaches this change?

Feb 2, 2008
it's obviously fake
he said it was coming out in 2009 but probably won't

it was just a publicity stunt to start controversy and bring him into the spotlight

Nov 18, 2008
CA
As far I know Madison's Change has not been released yet.
No one really knows if he ever will.

Feb 8, 2009
well if you notice well he showes clearly he only has 1 card in his hand after the change wich abviously makes the only way for this card to go is to fly off frame. i realy hope its not it - maybe daniel realy came out with a method that smart that managed to foll us all? i believe he can. but something just feels not right in this change... it looks TOO impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 2, 2008
well if you notice well he showes clearly he only has 1 card in his hand after the change wich abviously makes the only way for this card to go is to fly off frame.i realy hope its not it - maybe daniel realy came out with a method that smart that managed to foll us all? i believe he can. but something just feels not right in this change... it looks TOO impossible.

like i said, fake publicity stunt to get him famous and milk money off people for his other tricks, marketing at it's finest
simple

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
like i said, fake publicity stunt to get him famous and milk money off people for his other tricks, marketing at it's finest
simple

dude, chill.

You really don't know if it was fake. I believe it's real. I mean, with the tricks and flourishes that he has, I'm sure he wouldn't need something for publicity.

Besides, do you realize how hard it is to create a camera trick. Take a camera record yourself, press stop and hold as still as you can, and then hit record again.

Put the 2 videos together and no matter how hard you tryed to stay still, your gonna see a camera glitch.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
There are many ways to create that effect with video editing. He very possibly could have achieved that video with digital means.

I want to believe it is real, but I don't think it is.

Apparently, and don't quote me on this, he put up for a short period of time and explanation on his website where he simply admitted that the whole thing was a hoax. Someone on these forums said this. I wish they would have copied and saved his message, I'm guessing it was only up for a short period of time, and then he realized how negatively people were responding, and took it down and leave left the whole thing alone as a huge mystery. If that's what happened, then I really wouldn't be mad about it. He got lots of attention because of those two videos he put on youtube, and I'm glad that I was able to find him because of those videos. Sure, it would have been a big lie, but comon', we're magicians. Maybe it was just the largest magician fooler trick of this decade or something...

He posted this on his site for a few days months back. It is saved in the internet archive here: http://web.archive.org/web/20080209121223/http://danielmadison.co.uk/Change.htm

So he claimed that r3man and himself knew the secret, and that there are 11 facts about it. (hmmm... 11? Theory11? Conspiracy theory?)

He listed these four facts, and hasn't mentioned anything about them since then:

3: It is a trick
5: Two cards are in use
6: Change can be done with any two cards from any deck
8: Nobody has discovered Daniel's method as of yet

Also, I thought I heard that Richard Z or someone from the Dangerous shoot say that he showed it to them in person and that it is definitely a real effect. People were saying that the T11 crew had "confirmed" it. I don't have sources for this, so I can't know for sure.

So basically there is good evidence both for and against the existence of this effect. At the moment, I think it is fun to believe it is real, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Sep 1, 2007
USA
Also, I thought I heard that Richard Z or someone from the Dangerous shoot say that he showed it to them in person and that it is definitely a real effect. People were saying that the T11 crew had "confirmed" it. I don't have sources for this, so I can't know for sure.

So basically there is good evidence both for and against the existence of this effect. At the moment, I think it is fun to believe it is real, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Dana Hocking was the one who said that Daniel performed it live for them and that it was absolutely amazing.

I read somewhere that the first video he posted was real, then he posted a "video edited" one that was fake just to make controversy.

I for one think that it is real. That is magic though. People could simply say that your shapeshifter change is not real and just forget about it.

I don't want to just forget about it. Magic is real.. keep it that way

dude, chill.

You really don't know if it was fake. I believe it's real. I mean, with the tricks and flourishes that he has, I'm sure he wouldn't need something for publicity.

Besides, do you realize how hard it is to create a camera trick. Take a camera record yourself, press stop and hold as still as you can, and then hit record again.

Put the 2 videos together and no matter how hard you tryed to stay still, your gonna see a camera glitch.

I agree with James1Wise dude, no offfense here at all, but you kinda sound almost like Daniel is a cheap magician tryin to get publicity like that.
D+M is an extremely talented magician and like someone else said here(I can't remember who) he doesn't need publicity look at all of the bad*** stuff he's come out with in the past(pardon my language I just felt that Daniel needed a cuss word to emphasize how good he is:D)

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
@ zeanator3581 - Oh cool, I didn't know it was Dana. :)

And yes, the first video was the "real method", and the second was a Blink! Card (by Mark Mason) or some sort of similar variation or self-created acrobatic card (or at least it looks that way because of the obvious crease in the center of the card).

BUT, I want to state that I don't care whether or not this is real. It's a beautiful concept, and the idea alone is his gift to us. Think about it, a Change that happens with one card before (or it looks like that), and one card afterwards which is completely open and uncovered that happens in an instant. He simply asked himself, what should a color change look like, and created it. It could be something real, it could be gimmicked, or it could be fake. Either way, I'm grateful that he was able to come up with the idea and make it happen.

He is a great artist with lots of impressive material with or without Change.

A part of me still hopes that he will one day put a new teaser up on his home page of Change and a release date, but I think it's better not knowing. When I think of it, I think of real magic, I don't want to ever lose that feeling.

Feb 8, 2009
well i think u guys right. its hard for me to believe that an artist like daniel will actualy do sucha thing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results