Daniel Madison's - Change

Dec 9, 2008
Well, it's all fairly odd. Because, also, in The Devil's Touch (Found in Witness, or Identity, I can't remember), he says that CHANGE is one of his few secrets, and that archived page above, all could suggest that it's real. And obviously people have seen it and said that it's real. However, those people could be in on it, the videos could be faked, and that page made to made readers of it believe there is a method, and everything to be fake. A magician's job is to deceive, however, I personally believe that there is a method. I have never met Daniel, and never seen it, but I believe he has got a method, because while the deceptionist's job is to lie, it seems in the magic community, magicians don't seem to want to lie. I find it odd, and I still lie to magicians, I feel no reason not to lie to them, but I trust Daniel, and I reckon there is a method, no matter how hard or easy, I think there is one, that will change the way I for one, and surely many others think of the potential that lays in magic. I have always dreamed of being able to take a card, put it on the table, stand, away from the card, and have it instantly change. I doubt this will ever happen ungimmicked, but I believe, or at least hope so very much, that CHANGE is sleight of hand, and is real.
But the controversy rages on, and only time will tell.
Tom Field

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
I have yet, in all this time, to comment on a Change thread. But I can say that Change is indeed not a camera trick.

C

I'm curious, what makes you say that with such confidence? I can't help but play the role of the demanding skeptic. :p Not that I think you are lying or anything of course. :)

Feb 8, 2009
i think

i actualy think i got it after watching daniel couple more times. i uploaded a video of me performing the change - the card that was changed does not fly off - it comes back at the very end of the trick. i hope t11 will upload it soon so ill be able to give a link. its much more simple then it apears.
i dont know if this is the method daniel uses but most chances yes as i see no other way of performing it.
hope ill be able to give a link tomorow - depends on how fast t11 will upload it into the media.

definitely one of the best changes.

roy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
And they say that laymen are hecklers.

As magicians, it's in our nature to pick apart effects we're shown.

Personally, I don't believe this is real at all. Watch closely at 0:33 in the video, his head moves.
Now, when Daniel Madison hosted the "Change" competition, I entered an finished on the leaderboard. I replicated his video entirely. Same music, same actions, in black and white and everything. But I used camera tricks. My body didn't jump about or move, and I convinced my family, friends, and viewers on Youtube of this lie.
That's why I can't accept this being real. One video was a blink card. Another is clearly edited. Therefore I haven't once seen this being performed legitimately. I would love to see a live performance of this, and I would happily take back everything I've just said if I can be proved wrong. But I don't see that happening any time soon, so I stand firm.

Madison promised us it's purely sleight of hand, that two cards are used and there are no gimmicks in play. And yet nothing is dropped out of frame, and he ends with one card. Explain?

The cards change at a ridiculous speed. Slow down the video. There is absolutely no finger movement, and the card changes instantly, there's no slight moment of cover. It's not possible for a human to move his fingers that quickly.

All in all, I am certain it's a lie.

Why? Maybe to endorse his other products, perhaps. I just don't know.

Hate away...

-Sam H

Jan 10, 2009
there could be several different variables to explain that, anyways, using your logic, why in the world aren't there any "camera glitches" in any of the other changes??

What..... he can do the trick for real but then adds in a camera trick at the end????? Yeah right.....

are you naturally retarded? all the angles are off the change being done are with a shaking hand on a poor camera, in the video he claims that uses the real method, making it damn easy to hide. THE one change where you see his body, a still part jumps because it is clearly cut...

-_____-

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
The magic brotherhood used to have trust amongst itself. Cynicism has taken a fraternal art form and made it into a production front. All I can say is to just trust me, my brother ;)

C

I have complete respect for that trust among magicians, but since this is really an internet phenomenon, I just can't truly have faith in anything that anyone says unless I disable my critical thinking skills.

@ Sam Hardy - I am more or less in agreement with you. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong though. Like I said, if d+M one day said that it was real, just to confirm it, I would trust him. However, each one of these claims that people refer to him saying in the past have been removed from the youtube video's description (as well as all of the comments). This looks suspicious, like he got himself into a mess he didn't anticipate or something.

Still though, I am glad he got attention for that video, because I love everything else he has made, and even if it was fake, I would still have lots of respect for what he has offered modern magic so far. :cool:

Jan 18, 2009
this is just a thought but maybe he is using a gaff card that can change faces with a movement. iv heard of these before in magic shops.
i want this to be real totally impossible.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Understandable, perhaps the same reason I am an atheist ;)

C

lol, same here my friend. :D

I guess for the mean time, we will all have to wait for confirmation that it is either real or fake. As far as I'm concerned at this point, there have been no confirmations.

Does anyone know the thread or post that Dana made where he said it was real and amazing? I tried to find it myself but I had no luck...

@navasai&Lents - He claimed that it wasn't gaffed. But even if it was, I am still completely fooled. Sure, Blink cards work great, and I have a few of my own now that I love playing with, but they cannot be inspected afterwards. I was thinking that maybe the face could have some sort of elaborate system that makes the appearance change if there is pressure applied towards the center of the deck. I don't see how this is possible, but comon', it's 2009...

Alright, next, let's move on to conspiracy theories:D:D

Jan 18, 2009
lol, same here my friend. :D

I guess for the mean time, we will all have to wait for confirmation that it is either real or fake. As far as I'm concerned at this point, there have been no confirmations.

Does anyone know the thread or post that Dana made where he said it was real and amazing? I tried to find it myself but I had no luck...

@navasai&Lents - He claimed that it wasn't gaffed. But even if it was, I am still completely fooled. Sure, Blink cards work great, and I have a few of my own now that I love playing with, but they cannot be inspected afterwards. I was thinking that maybe the face could have some sort of elaborate system that makes the appearance change if there is pressure applied towards the center of the deck. I don't see how this is possible, but comon', it's 2009...

Alright, next, let's move on to conspiracy theories:D:D

that's what i meant a card that changes with pressure, or movement,
i have seen these at magic shops, but there impracticle, and hard to use.
and one other thing he shows it as one card, even if has tape on it, it wouldn't make sense, if it's not a special card, and not camera editing then d+m kicks so much ***

Feb 8, 2009
this is just a thought but maybe he is using a gaff card that can change faces with a movement. iv heard of these before in magic shops.
i want this to be real totally impossible.

common its so clear- in the video in 0:32 - 0:35 when he turns the king to the 4 of clubs using his "change" you can clearly see his face jump a bit to the left - its such an obvious cut. look at his face while he does the last change in the video (0:30-0:36) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBusD5bwLK0

in my version that i hope t11 will upload soon i use a real method and you can produce again the card that was changed. . if you guys will like it ill post a tutorial.

roy.

Jan 25, 2009
common its so clear- in the video in 0:32 - 0:35 when he turns the king to the 4 of clubs using his "change" you can clearly see his face jump a bit to the left - its such an obvious cut. look at his face while he does the last change in the video (0:30-0:36) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBusD5bwLK0

in my version that i hope t11 will upload soon i use a real method and you can produce again the card that was changed. . if you guys will like it ill post a tutorial.

roy.
i think it will be interesting to see your method

p.s the cut is there for a reason, and probably not the reason you are thinking of.

Feb 8, 2009
i think it will be interesting to see your method

p.s the cut is there for a reason, and probably not the reason you are thinking of.

you right - its there for a reason - the reason of trying making us believing in something that aint real - i guess thats what magic is all about. but i mean if not for changing tht card there is no reason for daniel to make such a cut.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com

Why is it that everyone is always so vague with their posts?

There is an obvious glitch when you watch the original video. His head and arm clearly moves. We can all agree on that? Good.

When you say, "probably not the reason you are thinking of", what do you mean by that? What reason do you think he is suggestion, and what reason do you think it is? Sure, YouTube can glitch videos sometimes, I mean it is a simple FLV file with average to below average quality, so a glitch isn't that unrealistic. But is does look highly suspicious.

Critical thinking. Try it. :p

Feb 8, 2009

There is an obvious glitch when you watch the original video. His head and arm clearly moves. We can all agree on that? Good.

When you say, "probably not the reason you are thinking of", what do you mean by that? What reason do you think he is suggestion, and what reason do you think it is? Sure, YouTube can glitch videos sometimes, I mean it is a simple FLV file with average to below average quality, so a glitch isn't that unrealistic. But is does look highly suspicious.

i agree that youtube can glitch videos sometimes - but you cant actualy claim that youtube accedently glitched his video at the exact second of the change... like you said ... critical thinking:confused::rolleyes:

p.s.- i notcied now that you didnt realy claim that... i misunderstood you.

Jan 25, 2009

thats what i mean, its well too obvious!

trust me i am critical, i do not beleive that the change is possible, and that is why im interested in seeing ROYm's method. However the cut is there for a deeper meaning. whether he is trying to hide the real method by including this cut i dont know, however their is more than meets the eye.

the guy is full of secrets. thats why i like him.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results