R Paul Wilson - Fan 2 C

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Product from dananddave.com as a download from the On Demand section.

General Effect: you show a horrible poker hand of five cards. some sort of magical wave or what ever and the cards change into a royal flush. This is the exact same effect as Zapped by Bob something (forgot his last name). You may have seen this effect in a magic show called THEM or a movie called Shade. This method gives the exact same effect but it ends with a clean 5 cards free for examination, while zapped is as dirty as hell.

What you get: A video clip of around 18 minutes.

In the video:
-Instructions on how to make the gimmick (not really exposure)
Variations:
-Zapped: the 1st version of this color change. You hold the fan. A Brush with the thumb and it becomes a royal flust
-Bell Jar: A table change. You show the horrible hand. You give the cards a little mix around and they change instantaneously, still on the table.
-Drunken Mitt: You show yourthe horrible hand. Turn the face towards you, away from the spectator. You turn it back again without any waves or cover, the cards have changed.
-Flash the Spread: You show the bad hand. You wave it in the air and it changes visually without any cover. (you can see this version in the demo)
-C For Con: You show the bad hand. The spectator holds the spread. You wave a dollar bill over it and it changes.
-Final Thoughts and credits.
-Demo blooper

Teaching:
Paul teaches everything very well. Nothing is left out. Although everything is only taught once or twice, it is way enough to understand. The gimmick is taught fully on how to make it and it can be made in under 5 minutes.

Method:
At first look I was rather pissed at it, but it turned out to be quite awesome. It works very well. Fools magicians who have seen Zapped but not Fan 2 C. Paul fooled Eugene Burger with it, so you know its good. It is very easy, even for the beginner. It is not self working, but people with the most basic knowledge of Sleight of Hand will be able to master this in 1 day tops.

Quality:
As all the On Demand's on DND. Its great visual and audio quality.

Final Thoughts:
This is not the smartest thing ever but I wouldn't have went to try it myself without this actual teaching. Its a killer effect. Although setup is needed, Paul teaches you how to overcome the awkward "wait wait wait... lemme just go over here and fiddle a bit.... ah okay... here we have 5 cards" which is required with zapped. It is worth the money in my opinion as you do learn quite a few variations. get it. Highly recommended.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Looks interesting. I've always wanted to learn this after seeing the Shade video. Still not sure if i'll get it though. Thanks for the review.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Yea I know.
I even saw it in Paul and England's DVD.
But some people on this forum dont look around much and havent been around long enough to know about things. so yea.

If anyone who owns the PDF could compare it with the video, I'd love to read such comparison.

I own the PDF and its superb. Frankly I feel sad to see this released as it'll become much more known than it really is. Its a pleasure seeing Paul doing it however.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Looks interesting. I've always wanted to learn this after seeing the Shade video. Still not sure if i'll get it though. Thanks for the review.

Its really hard to decide whether or not someone should buy it. Some people may love it, some may hate it. I was originally buying it for reference as I have seen it in a Jason England and R Paul DVD. But it was pretty interesting with the variations and what not.

J

Joseph C

In the TA set there's a move called "Cheng's Change" which is inspired by the Bob Koch original. There's no gaff involved (although it's not exactly "clean"). Looks very nice, though.

Sirtaco

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2008
www.tacospokerknights.com
If anyone who owns the PDF could compare it with the video, I'd love to read such comparison.

I own the PDF and its superb. Frankly I feel sad to see this released as it'll become much more known than it really is. Its a pleasure seeing Paul doing it however.

I'm thinking about getting the video just to compare, heck its half the price. I think that movie "Shade" made it known, you know all those newcomers to magic had to have this trick after they saw it on that movie.

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
Nice review. I just bought it. My favorite versions are Flash the Spread change, and the C for Con one. They are the most visual and my favorites.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results