Digital Dissolve or Distortion?

Sep 16, 2007
Georgia
I am not much for big group magic I usually go for 2 or 3 person groups myself and I was wondering which of the effects either DD or Distortion would be a better buy for me. I have been waiting for Distortion but I haven't really liked the idea that Distortion can only be performed one time for people and then if they see it again then they know that it was a gaffed card. But I like the idea that DD would be able to be done time and time again and they wouldn't know how you did it (not that I plan on doing it over and over again to the same person but if I am showing somebody DD and someone that has already seen it walks up then they still wouldn't know how I did it). I would just like to know everyones 2 cents on which trick is better and worse from there perspective and why.

Sep 2, 2007
I have been waiting for Distortion but I haven't really liked the idea that Distortion can only be performed one time for people and then if they see it again then they know that it was a gaffed card.

I wouldn't say that they would figure it out after you perform it twice, but whenever a trick is repeated there's always a chance that someone figures it out.

Digital Dissolve and Distortion are simply fantastic visual tricks. However, for an audience, Digital Dissolve is better, in my opinion, as the spectator is holding the half-dollar in his hand, which transforms into an English penny, while the spectator is holding it.

Further, the coins for D.D. are worth more than $34.95, for which they and the DVD are selling. The coins for it also are more durable than the gimmick for Distortion so they will last longer, even though you can buy replacements for Distortion, starting tommorow.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
Does DD require any hard sleights to perfect it or is it simple to perform?

Thanks again :D.

I didn't find any of sleights hard to perform, and Dan White teaches everything you need to know really well. There is an additional version of D.D. that is taught, which is a bit harder, but it's nothing too extreme.

You might want to check out some of these reviews for it that I found with the omnipotent search feature:
http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=533

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=558

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I actually own both of these effects, and the only that I've performed for ANYONE at the moment was Digital Dissolve. To me, it is the coolest, yet easiest coin effect ever. I've already perfected it, and this is odd seeing how I ordered Distortion the 2nd day that Theory11 became active.

I may reconsider for Distortion in the future if they come out with a Guardian version gimmick.

Shane K.

Sep 2, 2007
I actually own both of these effects, and the only that I've performed for ANYONE at the moment was Digital Dissolve. To me, it is the coolest, yet easiest coin effect ever. I've already perfected it, and this is odd seeing how I ordered Distortion the 2nd day that Theory11 became active.

I'm curious as to why you haven't performed Distortion for anyone.

I have both as well, and, like you, I have performed Digital Dissolve more frequently than Distortion, but I have performed Distortion, at least once. :D

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results