52 cards = 52 weeks
4 suits = 4 seasons
All the numbers added up = 365 days in a year

That's all i can remember.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
Spell out ace to king in any language and you will go through the deck exactly

Like So: a-c-e-t-wo-t-h-r-e-e-f-o-u-r-f-i-v-e

What? Am I missing something? That's like saying spell out the alphabet and you'll get A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z

-Kevin

Dec 4, 2008
One other thing to add in to that is there are 13 cards of each suit and I believe there are thirteen lunar cycles in one year. The red and black can also mean day and night. I first read about these in David Blaine's book years ago. According to his book, the number of possible distinct orders a single deck of cards can occupy is staggering. Since there are 52 cards in a deck, the number would be fifty-two factorial, which is equivalent to 8.1 x 10^67. If you add in the factor of having a card face up or face down, the number of permutations of one deck will be about equal to the estimated number of atoms in the universe. This is all according to David Blaine's book, Mysterious Stranger, on pages 44 and 45.

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
One other thing to add in to that is there are 13 cards of each suit and I believe there are thirteen lunar cycles in one year. The red and black can also mean day and night. I first read about these in David Blaine's book years ago. According to his book, the number of possible distinct orders a single deck of cards can occupy is staggering. Since there are 52 cards in a deck, the number would be fifty-two factorial, which is equivalent to 8.1 x 10^67. If you add in the factor of having a card face up or face down, the number of permutations of one deck will be about equal to the estimated number of atoms in the universe. This is all according to David Blaine's book, Mysterious Stranger, on pages 44 and 45.
I remember reading that in David Blaine's book. Quite interesting!

Dec 4, 2008
I also believe the adding the values of the cards thing is this.

If you add all of the values of every card in a deck. Give Jacks the value of 11, Queens the value of 12 and Kings the values of 13, and you give one joker the value of 1 then you get 365. If you give both jokers the value of 1 then you get 366 which would be a leap year. I believe the math works out that way. It's been a while since I looked into this stuff.

Jun 22, 2008
John Bannon has an effect about time and he talks about this in his patter, I think it was in his book Smoke and Mirrors.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results