Good DVDs

Jan 19, 2009
Hi. Sorry if it is already a thread like this, but I couldn't find it.

I would like to buy some new dvds. Where you'll learn good tricks that you can performe on the street. I'm not into flourishing that much.

Tricks that I like is the haunted deck, ACR, the biddle trick, a card reaveld on your arm with ashes or dirt (so you know what I am looking for)

I have:
the trilogy.
crash course 2.
how to do street magic.

And I have ordered True Astonishment :) I might get it tomorrow.

Feb 1, 2009
I think your underestimating the amount of material on the True Astonishment DVD's. There is so much material on them they should keep you busy for years, so I wouldn't worry about buying anything else yet.

Jan 19, 2009
okey thats probaly a good ide. i should not take on more that i can handle.
one question where can i buy the haunted deck dvd? really want tp learn that trick. i saw some tutorial on youtube there they used loops but i think thats not the real haunted deck

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
one question where can i buy the haunted deck dvd? really want tp learn that trick. i saw some tutorial on youtube there they used loops but i think thats not the real haunted deck

There are many versions of the haunted deck. My favorite one is done with loops. Some gimmicks are contained in the deck, some use invisibly thread, some are impromptu (but those are really hard).

Sep 1, 2007

Just FYI, learning from tutorials on YouTube is a bit like trying to learn how to write good stories by reading Twilight.

Anyway, True Astonishments runs the gamut from simple to more advanced material. Personally speaking, I would keep it and just come back to it over the long term while using something else to ground yourself in more of the fundamentals. To that effect, I would recommend either Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic (yes, I know it's a book and not a DVD) or volume 1 of Easy to Master Card Miracles.

As to the haunted deck, I'd wait a bit on that one. There are a lot of different places to learn it, but you need to learn how to walk before you can run.

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
^^^
Trilogy has kept me busy since the day it came out, I'd be surprised if you've perfected everything or even one thing on it in 6 months of learning.

Again TA should keep you busy for a long time.

If I were to recommend anything, it would be the AoA series of books rather than DVD's at your experience level.

Jan 19, 2009
okey that tutorial was so bad.

i havent perfect the tricks on the trilogy because i dont like to do flourishing so much and the tricks are very complicated and i have just practicing acr and ego change and some passes.

dan and daves magic is for me a diffrent type of card magic but i love to watch the tricks.

jr?

Apr 3, 2009
leeds and halifax
www.jrmagic.co.uk
I think your underestimating the amount of material on the True Astonishment DVD's. There is so much material on them they should keep you busy for years, so I wouldn't worry about buying anything else yet.
i love this one u can not see what u have be for u have the book to read the dvds are best to have if u like p. h magic that got me in to world of magic yes u can do but can u be the best u can or will let them see u for the 1st time need all what u can to come up with new things in magic........:p:confused::eek:

Sep 1, 2007
go to ellusionst.com and stockpile on all of their stuff, same as this site, trust me. You'll help them and yourself. Study every move and technique, even all the tips.

E have a couple of DVDs that have good intro material (Crash 1 and 2), but buying up a bunch of single trick DVDs when you're starting out is like running a marathon while in several layers of heavy winter clothes and carrying a backpack with your cinderblock collection inside.

i love this one u can not see what u have be for u have the book to read the dvds are best to have if u like p. h magic that got me in to world of magic yes u can do but can u be the best u can or will let them see u for the 1st time need all what u can to come up with new things in magic........:p:confused::eek:

Could we get some punctuation marks in there please?

Anyway, just get Mark Wilson's Complete Course and Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles. You'll be fine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results