James Randi

Sep 1, 2007
Master Mentalist/Skeptic who is known for debunking false psychics etc. He has a million dollar challenge

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
Um... sorry to sound ignorant... but who on earth is James Randi?

www.randi.org

He's a magician from way back who's devoted the better part of his life debunking frauds like Sylvia Browne, James Edwards, and the like.

He has several books on the subject, such as "Flim-Flam", and "An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural".

He states, rather correctly, that scientists are not the best people to debunk such a claim, that magicians are the people to consult.

His reason for doing this is because he says he has seen too many people get hoodwinked out of money and emotionally hurt by these scams.

The forums there are very lively, controversial and sometimes emotional. There are a range of people there. (In fact, I've had a run-in with Jim Calahan there.)

That's pretty much a run down of him. You might want to pop there and give the site a try.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
He's done so much that I admire I wouldnt know where to start.
You can learn more about him and what he does at his site James Randi Educational Foundation as Owner said or here at wikipedia.

He is really a great person. I've met and hung out with him several times. If your ever in Fort Lauderdale FL and have some time be sure to stop by the foundation, if he's there he will be glad to come out and meet you.

Plus anybody who toured with Alice Cooper is good-to-go in my book.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results