What are the best no setup street magic card tricks?

Aug 31, 2007
Ambitious Card
Indecent by WH
Stigmata by WH
Biddle Trick
Two Card MonteCardivores by Jay Sankey [You need duplicates though]
Among the Discards [Search it on youtube. You'll find some performances]
A Good Transposition
Anything of the Bucks
There's some stuff.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Whoa... there's far too many to give a full list, but i'll give you the name of some of the ones I think are good that meet your criteria.

So all these require nothing more than a single deck of cards- No set-up (unless done right infront of them)- No gimmicks- No Gaffs

WarpOne- Card warp style routine - available on DVD

Thought of cards across- As name suggests - available as booklet or download

FU2- T&R effect - available from 1337 notes

ReinCARDnation- T&R effect - available on DVD

Catalyst- Card transposition - available from Magic in the Real World by Peter Harrison

Ambition Impossible- A great end to an ACR routine - available from Magic Redefined notes by Sean Fields

Lapse- Card transposition - available from ONE notes by Daniel Madison

Card to Shoe- As it sounds - availble from many sources but I like the one found in Simply Devestating by Michael Paul

Smoke Rings- Linking card effect - available from David Forrest

Diplopia- Thought of card routine - available as a download

Tivo 2.0- card transposition - available from Dan and Dave

Hand to Mouth- Card to mouth effect - available from Dan and Dave

Queens- A routine which has four queens vanish one by one and then reappear - available from Dan and Dave

Card to pocket- As it sounds - Various sources but Gregory Wilson has a great ine on his In Action DVD set, James Brown also has a great one on his Still Fancy a Pot of Jam? DVD

Card Under Watch- As it sounds - Various sources but I like James Browns from Still Fancy a Pot of Jam? DVD

Psychological forces- Card forces and reveals - Various sources

Thats some for now, hope this helps

Queens- A routine which has four queens vanish one by one and then reappear - available from Dan and Dave

Although the original by William Goodwin is published in Penumbra #8 from 2004. That is a magazine published by Goodwin and Gordon Bean, btw.

But, I do prefer Dan's handling for the effect, because of the production, really. And the last vanish, Chad's shift. *Droool*

Although he doesn't teach that on the DVD. Meh.

As for psychological forces, as John here suggests, Derren Brown have a few good ones on his "The Devil's Picturebook" DVD and his Pure Effect (which sadly is OOP) book.

Allan.

Oh, and, Mr. Garret, sarcasm and irony and otherwise joking is quite difficult to catch over the internet. My apologies if I came across as unnecessarily harsh.

Sep 1, 2007
thank you so much for your help.
I will try to get some of your suggestions.
Do you know a online magic store that has much stuff in one place?

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
Biddle trick - One of my favourite all time tricks. I plug it everywhere. It's just SO impossible if it's done right. Gets some of my best reactions.

ACR - If you have a good ACR, your spectators just ooze astonishment at the end and you get bucketloads of respect, which is important if you're street performing alot.

Aug 31, 2007
Check out the trilogy...a lot of those tricks require zero setup and if there is setup, its nothing you cant do walking down the street or infront of the spectators.

Have a look in Aaron Fisher's The Paper Engine, you'll find a lot of nice effects there, most of which probably can be performed on the street.
Also, I advice you to check out the following books for other street gems:

Drawing Room Deceptions by Guy Hollingworth. (The Waving The Aces II routine is just PERFECT)

By Forces Unseen - The innovative card magic of Ernest Earick by Stephen Minch (again, some super-neat routines, and a lot of them works in the hands, on the street)

Every set of lecture notes by Dan and Dave Buck

Everything Lee Asher

Hm. And yeah, those are just some suggestions, then, again, my personal favourites.

The Paper Engine is WAY too advanced for anyone wanting to learn some "street magic" tricks (with all due respect to the poster). Most of Lee's (except the routine he is going to release here and "The Ripper") stuff is too advanced also and will just bring any beginner's confidence level down because he won't be able to nail the effects.

Think about it; do you honestly expect more than 1% of all magicians to spend months perfecting the Gravity Half Pass or Pulp Friction?

As for what I would suggest for "Street Magic" effects:

Cards:

1. Stigmata
2. Purchase and read The Royal Road to Card Magic

Coins:

1. Dissolve (sold here)
2. The New Modern Coin Magic - J.B. Bobo

Good luck!
~Magically Dave

Lets see...

Ones i love to use,
Biddle - its an ideal transpo effect, and its open to hundreds of different styles of presentation.

Cards Across - If you build this up enough, get the spectator to put a packet in their pocket or something, it can get wild reactions

A nice quick ACR

Waving the Aces

Card to mouth - I have two of these in my repetoire. The Buck Twins version of the quick effect, and the longer drawn out effect where the signed card ends up folded in quarters right in your mouth.

Birds of a Triumph - by Iain Moran, a fantastic, clean, open triumph effect. Doesnt need a table Two packets are faro'd in full view, no cover. For that alone its an awesome effect, let alone the four of a kind assembly kicker.

Monterry Jacks - by David Forrest. A lovely sandwich effect.

Smoke rings - by David Forrest. A linking rings type effect performed with just one playing card.

You can find those last three on either www.full52.com or www.bigblindmedia.com

Jul 1, 2008
I have a friend a couple of years back, and once he showed me a trick which to this day I still can’t figure out. He let me pick a card, look at it, and put it pack in the deck. Then he like lines the cards up into 5/6 six rows, then he did some complicated card-flipping or something. Then he put two face-down cards in front of me. He asked me to pick up the top card, I did. It was not the card I chose. I am sure this is one of the more known magic trick, can anyone tell me what it is?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results