Wayne Houchin Daily Updates?

Jun 24, 2008
United States
I havnt been on this site in the past few weeks, so this may have been addressed, but is there a reason Wayne hasnt been doing any daily updates? or is it just my computer? Thanks in advance.

~Nate Hickey

Apr 1, 2009
California
I've heard a few things on FB about Paul Harris and Aaron Fisher and Project... so with the combination, I'd just let the man alone and do what he's doing :p.

Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I've noticed this too.
Just check his Facebook and this was his status last thursday - "Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! ... Filmed all day yesterday with Paul Harris and Aaron Fisher - spent today loading into the theatre for this weekends performances. Dead tired - time to crash. Goodnight!"
Sounds like a killer team! I wonder what the project is. Could this be AOM2?

Sep 4, 2009
AOM 2 would be really cool

Hes usually busy with stuf and misses a few days here and there, but this is the most he's gone without doing one. I'm starting to get annoyed.... But, i still love wayne, no matter what he's AWESOME!!

Jun 24, 2008
United States
This is what i figured as well haha that he was just really busy, but i just wanted to ask.
And idk what it is but ik its going to be epicccc haha

~Nate Hickey

Apr 1, 2009
California
since I enjoy spreading rumor on this very morning :p, another of his status' was asking for everyone's favorite AOA effect, something for a production. Although, it does sound a lot like AOM, not sure why I didn't think of that. Paul Harris taking part would be awesome.

Nov 8, 2007
Would be cool to see PH on AOM2. I really like WH's work, but I was kind of disappointed with the first AOM. There just wasn't enough to it to justify the pricetag--especially with the explanation to the best effect on the DVD being cut and being replaced with... nothing? Hope the series improves as it goes along. PH would really help elevate the quality of the interviews.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Would be cool to see PH on AOM2. I really like WH's work, but I was kind of disappointed with the first AOM. There just wasn't enough to it to justify the pricetag--especially with the explanation to the best effect on the DVD being cut and being replaced with... nothing? Hope the series improves as it goes along. PH would really help elevate the quality of the interviews.

Didn't he replace it with a Jay Sankey effect. I know that he performed candy scam but decided to remove the explanation due to the creator telling him that it would be better at a later time or something.

Nov 8, 2007
Didn't he replace it with a Jay Sankey effect. I know that he performed candy scam but decided to remove the explanation due to the creator telling him that it would be better at a later time or something.

I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure Carbon Paper was already set for the DVD. Candy Scam wasn't taken out until AOM almost ready to be released.

Candy Scam was great, and as a magician, if you think about it, it's really not hard to figure out the method. Still, I would have liked to have seen WH's ideas on the effect and handling.

I understand it was Luke Dancy's effect and the reason it was pulled, and I agree with the decision. But losing that effect really hurt the DVD. There just wasn't much left. The documentary was all fluff, and the best effect left was Carbon Paper which was a Sankey effect and previously published, and French Kiss wasn't really anything new. Matchbite, Ring + String, and WH's handling of Twisting the Aces just wasn't enough, I think, to justify $35 + S&H. Again, I really enjoy WH's work, but I thought there just wasn't enough substance to AOM. Hopefully AOM2 makes up for it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results