Pinky count issue

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Hey guys, so I've been working on the pinky count for a while now (loving it), and I've run into an issue. I learned this count from card college 1 (great source for those looking for one), and Giobbi says that your ring finger should be lying on top of the deck pressing down lightly. Well, when I do the pinky count, my ring finger automatically goes downward also. I can't figure out how to stop it from bending downwards also. Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 7, 2009
Switzerland
This problem occurs because the ring fnger and pinky share one muscle.
There's only one muscle for both fingers. So that's why it's so hard to move the pinky without the ring finger.
But with practice you'll get used to it. But I actually don't think, that it makes a big difference, if the ring finger is on top, or am I wrong?

Jul 14, 2008
This is interesting because when I use the pinky count, it forces me to release my second and third finger because I am focusing the muscle of my pinky. Maybe I should try practising third finger on top of the deck.

Oct 11, 2007
pinky

Practice with tucking your ring finger under the deck.about a billion times, it will get easier soon.

As some one posted earlier it may be because it is very difficult to try to move one without moving the other.
For example, try to point your ring finger to the sky and keep your pinky flat without the help of any other fingers. Not easy.
The only thing I can think may help (aside from practice) is to try and stretch your fingers (not to damage yourself), just like you would stretch you arm or leg.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results