Theory11 Tally Ho's

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hey Everyone,

There has been a lot of conspiracy regarding the NEW, Black-Seal Tally-Ho decks.

Some (possibly unreliable) sources say that the new, black-seal tally ho's feel very thin, papery, dehydrated, and are worse than normal bikes... So why spend the money on tallies then...?

To anyone who has bought tallies from theory11 within the last few days/weeks:

-Did you receive Blue-Seal tallies?

-How was the quality?

-Are the boxes different than the original blue-seal boxes?

Also, can anyone tell me if these rumors are true? (About the black-seal tallies...)

Thanks a lot,

-Sanj

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
i bought some tallies and they were black seal. Ive only opened about two of them but haven't noticed too big of a difference if any. But i just broke them in and left them to breath. i'll check them and get back to you after i find them.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
I got some in December (I know, not the last few weeks), but they are exactly like you described. Very thing, papery, and they clump like nothing else. About a week of working them in and they sort of fanned better. (They had a black seal if I remember correctly)

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
I got some in December (I know, not the last few weeks), but they are exactly like you described. Very thing, papery, and they clump like nothing else. About a week of working them in and they sort of fanned better. (They had a black seal if I remember correctly)

Hmmm... so this completely contradicts the post before yours...

You may have gotten a bad batch?

not to be racist against any particular seals, but black seals seem to be just plain bad. I recently got a brick of bikes, and each had a black seal, and every single deck was cut poorly, with uneven/off-center borders, and the deck itself was rough and clumpy. not sure what the deal is here...

Jan 31, 2010
I got some Black Seals and don't have any complaints. They feel the same as my blue sealed deck which I got from a shop. I have yet to notice any off center printing on the black seal, but there are a handful of misaligned cards in the blue.

Mar 1, 2010
Hong Kong
Well, maybe we can contact the US playing card company to deal with the problem. I think the company itself is responsible for the poor quality of the cards, not Theory11.

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
last week I bought 2 bricks of blue circle backs (not from t11) they also have the black seal and one thing caught my attention, the backs of the boxes. 2 or maybe 3 of them have a bigger border around the back design (just on the back of the box, not on the cards) maybe their machines are getting older ? :p

Attachments

• DSC00014.JPG
    DSC00014.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 120

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Got a chance to fiddle with some Bikes that had a black sticker. I didn't notice any difference at all.

I'm also thinking it was just a bad batch that slipped through QC at USPCC.

Apr 22, 2009
I hope it was just a bad batch!! I feel lame because I've never gotten a deck of Tallies, and everyone thinks so highly of them. If they're all bad now, I wont get to know how they handle. The closest I guess I've gotten was a split spades. I think they're the same, right?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results