theory11 - THE PINKY COUNT with Jason England : Now Available

Hi,

I started off with card magic 2 months ago. I practise daily and want to become a better magician. I would love to learn the pinkie count but dont know if this is too advanced for my current cardistry level.

Any tips?

I recently bought Trilogy by DanandDave
Double Lift 1on1 by Jason England
Death to the Double Undercut by Joe pachahslslaalala (you know that guy)

my tip is if you want to learn it then get it right away... im sure the pinky count will be ok just remember it will take some time to master so get started!

Sep 1, 2007
Hi,

I started off with card magic 2 months ago. I practise daily and want to become a better magician. I would love to learn the pinkie count but dont know if this is too advanced for my current cardistry level.

Any tips?

I recently bought Trilogy by DanandDave
Double Lift 1on1 by Jason England
Death to the Double Undercut by Joe pachahslslaalala (you know that guy)

Stop. Stop right now.

Do yourself a favor, do not buy anything online that isn't a book for a loooong while.

Go buy royal road to card magic (can be $5 on amazon). There is sooo much stuff in this book, and tricks that you will do for a long while.

Here's a good link: http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Royal-Road-to-Card-Magic_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ149190

You can buy used ones for as little as 5 bucks!

Just a quick riffle through the table of contents i count about 15 sleights (shuffling, backslips, double lifts, palms, passes, glides...) and so many tricks. The first chapter alone has 8 tricks...

Any magician worth his salt would recommend this book to a beginner.

Good luck
~Zaw

Sep 20, 2009
Chatroulette doesn't count.

jk but damn, in Iron Man 2 she looked fantastic.

anyways i just have to say Jason's 1-on-1's are impeccable, as much as people complain about them, and how "i cant believe people are paying 7 or 9 bucks for one sleight" i gotta say its worth it. Everything ive learned off of 1-on-1 with like two exceptions i use on a daily basis, and because i have a video, i use it correctly and know what it should look like. Jason has single handedly advanced my magic and it is pretty dang awesome.

No mate, in person.. I've performed for celebrities before. Just like regular people.

May 29, 2010
Stop. Stop right now.

Do yourself a favor, do not buy anything online that isn't a book for a loooong while.

Go buy royal road to card magic (can be $5 on amazon). There is sooo much stuff in this book, and tricks that you will do for a long while.

Here's a good link: http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Royal-Road-to-Card-Magic_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ149190

You can buy used ones for as little as 5 bucks!

Just a quick riffle through the table of contents i count about 15 sleights (shuffling, backslips, double lifts, palms, passes, glides...) and so many tricks. The first chapter alone has 8 tricks...

Any magician worth his salt would recommend this book to a beginner.

Good luck
~Zaw

I actually got this 2 weeks after getting into card magic, I picked it up from waterstones for £8 Ive read throuhg the book and know the basic sleights used.

Sep 1, 2007
I actually got this 2 weeks after getting into card magic, I picked it up from waterstones for £8 Ive read throuhg the book and know the basic sleights used.

Ahh, alright. If you're profficient in the basic sleights there, you might want to pick up Expert Card Technique (also relatively cheap). Whole bunch more sleights and tricks, but a bit of a harder read imo.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results