Smoke availability...

Oct 14, 2009
So many people have been wondering when Smoke will be back in stock, but it hasn't sold out on numerous other websites like Tannen's, MJM, and I assume others. Just thought I would let those who don't know that Smoke is only sold out here on this specific site, but others still have it in stock.

So that's my PSA for the day...:).

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Be sure wherever you purchase actually does have it in stock. We are always 100% clear with what we have in stock (physically in warehouse) and what we don't, but some other stores aren't as transparent in that regard (ie, something may be put up for sale before it is in stock).

We are expecting our next supply in the coming days, so stay tuned...

Jul 7, 2008
I ordered from Hank Lee Store since 8th till now still processing.. I wondering they have stock or not ?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm not sticking up for JB or Theory 11 but he is correct. Many magic online magic shops do not update their "sold out" list and Hank Lee is one of the major sites known for that. I have cancelled many orders after waiting almost 2 months for "in stock" products that were actually not.

Just be sure to contact said companies before placing your order.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I'm not sticking up for JB or Theory 11 but he is correct. Many magic online magic shops do not update their "sold out" list and Hank Lee is one of the major sites known for that. I have cancelled many orders after waiting almost 2 months for "in stock" products that were actually not.

Just be sure to contact said companies before placing your order.

While there is a very real issue in this context something else must be understood and allowances made...

Many well known entertainers hand make these products when they have time on their hands to do so. In fact, most of their market released material comes about as the result of down time with their shows and the need for an income stream. That said, it only makes sense that you may have to wait every once in a while on your orders when dealing direct with a talent resource. I know that Underground Collective has had to endure such growing pains as has OUTLAW but you can't expect someone to cancel their tour just to make sure you are instantly gratified... there was a time (before the internet) it took up to four months to get an order, so be grateful when it comes to the simple things in life.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
While there is a very real issue in this context something else must be understood and allowances made...

Many well known entertainers hand make these products when they have time on their hands to do so. In fact, most of their market released material comes about as the result of down time with their shows and the need for an income stream. That said, it only makes sense that you may have to wait every once in a while on your orders when dealing direct with a talent resource. I know that Underground Collective has had to endure such growing pains as has OUTLAW but you can't expect someone to cancel their tour just to make sure you are instantly gratified... there was a time (before the internet) it took up to four months to get an order, so be grateful when it comes to the simple things in life.

Craig,

Your comments are generally correct, but in this case, so is reverhart.

Hank Lee has a particularly bad reputation for an online shop for having products "in stock" when they are, in fact, not - and having poor communication regarding this matter. It's a fair call to make the warning. Considering that Hank Lee is an online magic shop, and a big one at that - unlike Underground Collective, and we are talking about general products - unlike Rick at Outlaw, who obviously puts incredible amounts of effort into what he does. Fortunately, I learned about this before I ever bought for them - but I have heard more complaints about Hank Lee for out of stock products, late/non-existent notifications and delays spanning months without communication that I have for any other magic shop - by far...

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just a quick update. We are expecting arrival within the next 48 hours, so stay tuned to the forums and our Twitter / Facebook accounts for up to the minute news. As soon as these reach the doors of our warehouse, we will post here and on the main page.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
praetoritevong... I fully understand and agree... I stopped buying from Hank years ago. In fact, about the only U.S. dealer I have any regular exchange with is Stevens Magic and maybe Denny, that's about it.

There's been a few company's come into focus in the past couple of years run by young people that look promising. One of these companies has some nice stuff coming out they are just a bit lax when it comes to giving credit on the things they produce and being honest when it comes to methods. The quickest way to get major pros ticked at you and speaking ill of your company is to do just this and waste their time and trust.

Thus far, I've been reasonably impressed by this group though I didn't think it was going to get off the ground a year ago. Kudos to the guys and I honestly do wish them much success. They seem to have their heads on fairly straight and have the support of some very credible individuals.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results