Where to learn The Side Steal from

Nov 29, 2008
I would recommend Paul Cummins Side Steal DVD. That's where I learned it from, and I was recommended by Irving Quant, who does a killer side steal. But the write up in Card Control or ECT is also good.

Nov 8, 2010
virginia
I would recommend Paul Cummins Side Steal DVD. That's where I learned it from, and I was recommended by Irving Quant, who does a killer side steal. But the write up in Card Control or ECT is also good.

i disagree with you. i find irving's side steal real bad. i found better performances on youtube and thats not saying much.

Sep 23, 2009
There's also a 1 on 1 at D&D's site by John Carney...not saying just saying...

I have this On Demand and I have to say that it's not the best resource for learning the side steal in any great detail. He goes over the mechanics of the move itself in the context of demonstrating a good justification for bringing your hands together. While the explanation of the mechanics of the move are clear it's just very brief. Maybe I'm spoiled by some of D&D's On Demand stuff that goes into fine detail on certain moves. Dan's coverage of the Miller Cascade Control is one that comes to mind.

There's always Expert Card Technique, (called the Side Slip: starting on pg. 31), and I think I'm going to try Paul Cummins Side Steal DVD myself. That looks pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Zach Lambert

Revolutionary Card Technique. I highly recommend the Deliberate Steal.

Dec 26, 2009
First of all, if Zach mentions something (like he did above) you might want to check it out.

BUT

If you are looking for a little bit cheaper book, The Card Magic of Lepaul has 2 different versions of the side steal in the 2nd chapter of the book. The 3rd chapter is on palming and explains a few steals as well.

BUT

If you want to go SUPER cheap then you can always do what others have mentioned above and get Expert Card Technique. Here is a link for ECT for $4.00. >Expert Card Technique<

Mar 26, 2009
From the top of my head:

Apocalypse Vol. 1-5
Card Control Arthur Buckley
Expert Card Technique
Card Control T.Nelson Downs
Card College Vol.3
Cards 4 Side Steal Karl Fulves (highly recomended)
The Card Magic of Le Paul
The Magic of Michael Ammar
Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table
Revolutionary Card Technique
etc...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results