Pen Vanish

Jan 16, 2008
It's not so much a trick in and of itself...it utilizes a principle/method that is well known. What should I say?

Sep 3, 2007
You can say anything just please don't reveal

There are different mechanisms to pull the pen quickly. One of them is the raven, the one on the video is probably the gecko or something similar. The problem with that video is that it didn't fool me. There were so many ways it could be accomplished that it looked fake in a way.

Oct 10, 2010
Thanks but it doesn't use the gecko or raven I told people that I came up with this on my own I would never take credit for something that isn't mine

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
If you didn't want us to reveal it so much, then why did you ask us if it has been done before, and it probably has. There wasn't THAT much revealing, we just stated the obvious.

Apr 1, 2009
California
It's a little irritating when people come on, post a link, ask who the effect is by, etc etc... then get all defensive saying they came up with it. Grow a pair, say you discovered a method independantly and would either like some critique or some history behind the effect to legitimately call your effect original or not.

CalvinTan

Elite Member
This is a very cool pen vanish. Can you tell me the real name of this vanish and by whom created it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5YMnBXsieI

There's no real name for this pen vanish. It's just sleeving or the use of a topit which should be standard knowledge for all magicians. Leaving your hands down paints a target on your sleeves after the vanish. I would suggest after wiping the hands together to raise it up to show the fingers empty. Very clean looking through and not much movement.

I would also recommend using the FlipStick method to vanish a pen/pencil.

Oct 10, 2010
It was just an Idea I thought of and this is a pretty good affect I just perfomed this a school and I got a amazing reaction.

Sep 3, 2007
It was just an Idea I thought of and this is a pretty good affect I just perfomed this a school and I got a amazing reaction.

It does look pretty good. Just know that if you found a different way (and there are a few to accomplish this) it's the same trick different method.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results