Riffle shuffle work

Feb 7, 2010
Here are some videos where I perform gambling moves. It's mainly riffle stacking but it has some false shuffles and second deals,
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYhiJh2LjW0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL - Push - off second deal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUiBTq_63mE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL - Riffle stacking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVlW0iv5FY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL - Push through false shuffle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwBWhbgUbFQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL - More stacking and a stock control
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cnocrJDbxc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL - Strike second and more stacking

Very good. I've been follwing your videos from the sidelines for a while now. You're getting up there, and you definitely know what you're doing. Everyone, watch the **** out cause this kids gonna be big.

Feb 4, 2008
Good stuff. Only criticism. There were some pretty big "blocks" of cards being intentionally or unintentionally protected while you stacked. Recently I have taken to protecting the merge of the packs by blocking the front view with my fingers. Much in the same way that you would with a Zarrow. You might as well get in the habit of covering your front anyways because that way it won't look out of the ordinary when you do Zarrow.

Aug 6, 2008
WOW! Your amazing, you have set a goal for me. I have just gotten into wanting to learn these gambling sleights and maybe perform them once I learn them. I just started reading Expert at the Card Table. Hopefully I get somewhere near to your skill soon

Feb 7, 2010
Thanks. Erdnase is a great book and if you study it your card handling will improve by far. I'm currently re-reading it. If your a begginer in gambling sleights don't rush and immediately go and start doing riffle stacking,false dealing etc. Learn the basics, start with an overhand shuffle once you have perfected that start doing some false shuffle, false cuts after that you can move on and start doing something a bit more advanced like false deals,stacking and so on. Also if you want to see how the moves should be done Steve Forte's Gambling protection series is a must.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Thanks. Erdnase is a great book and if you study it your card handling will improve by far. I'm currently re-reading it. If your a begginer in gambling sleights don't rush and immediately go and start doing riffle stacking,false dealing etc. Learn the basics, start with an overhand shuffle once you have perfected that start doing some false shuffle, false cuts after that you can move on and start doing something a bit more advanced like false deals,stacking and so on. Also if you want to see how the moves should be done Steve Forte's Gambling protection series is a must.

Just a quick point on studying Erdnase. If you plan on becoming a true "Expert at the Card Table", by which I mean truly mastering everything from the book, don't rush past the overhand shuffle in search of more glamorous moves. I would recommend a good few hours just running the whole deck, without even attempting anything sneaky, practicing with decks in various conditions. If you have even a slightly worn or sticky deck, it's very easy to accidentally run two cards as one if you're only used to using a deck in perfect condition. When you get to the stocking and culling moves, this can really cause problems with fluency.

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
Just a quick point on studying Erdnase. If you plan on becoming a true "Expert at the Card Table", by which I mean truly mastering everything from the book, don't rush past the overhand shuffle in search of more glamorous moves. I would recommend a good few hours just running the whole deck, without even attempting anything sneaky, practicing with decks in various conditions. If you have even a slightly worn or sticky deck, it's very easy to accidentally run two cards as one if you're only used to using a deck in perfect condition. When you get to the stocking and culling moves, this can really cause problems with fluency.

Just wondering, but do you practice the Overhand Stacking techniques from Erdnase? I like Expert Card Technique's much better...

Sep 2, 2007
London
Just wondering, but do you practice the Overhand Stacking techniques from Erdnase? I like Expert Card Technique's much better...

Yes, I do practice them, but not because I think I'll ever use them, just really because I'm on a personal mission to master everything from the book. And ideally, memorise it!

Feb 7, 2010

My point exactly , Jog shuffle for magic is one of the most useful things to have in your arsenal. As for stocking in Erdnase I think is fine and I have a little variation on a 3 of a kind stock and also a nice variation on a milk build stock that makes for a nicer milk.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results