What's this move called and where can I learn it

Dec 2, 2010
No! Don't learn magic or flourishing form youtube!

why not? miquel has great tutorials.
there are lot of good(amazing) flourishing tutorials if you look for it. some flourishes created by flourishers (Tobias, Nikolaj, oliver, dennis, tashfiq and more>.) are sometimes better than D&D's or chris hestnes'

dont just hate on youtube IMO

Sep 2, 2007
London
No! Don't learn magic or flourishing form youtube!

If the creator of a flourish, or even a magic technique, has shared it on YouTube, then that's fine. They've chosen to reveal it to the world free of charge, so, go ahead, learn it. However, if someone's exposing another creator's material, then yes, don't learn it from YouTube, find the original source and buy it.

Apr 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
I LOVE youtube.

However, most magic/flourishing on youtube is NOT posted by the original creator. Therefore, if you learn it, you are stealing material. Also, many tutorials are COMPLETELY WRONG, so you learn the wrong methods. It is best to buy the material from the original creator.

I don't have youtube, I hate people being dishonest and stealing from our creators.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I don't know what flourishing tutorials you look at, but most of the ones (and I mean 98%) I know, are in-fact posted by the original author.

Look for the right people.

Jun 30, 2011
I LOVE youtube.

However, most magic/flourishing on youtube is NOT posted by the original creator. Therefore, if you learn it, you are stealing material. Also, many tutorials are COMPLETELY WRONG, so you learn the wrong methods. It is best to buy the material from the original creator.

I don't have youtube, I hate people being dishonest and stealing from our creators.

This is simply not true, there are a number of very respected flourishers who choose to share their work for free on youtube and there's actually no other way of obtaining some of the material. Obviously sharing magic effects on youtube presents a range of issues due to it's secretive nature however this is not a problem for flourishes.

Mar 7, 2009
Huntington, WV
I LOVE youtube.

not true sir, I mean think about it. Say a dad pulls a coin from behind his son's ear. then maybe a couple years later he shows his son how do to it for others. would you call that stealing from the creator? Youtube isn't always stealing. In some ways, hopefully most, it's expanding our artform for the better.

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
not true sir, I mean think about it. Say a dad pulls a coin from behind his son's ear. then maybe a couple years later he shows his son how do to it for others. would you call that stealing from the creator? Youtube isn't always stealing. In some ways, hopefully most, it's expanding our artform for the better.

There is a difference between showing to your son (1 person) and the entire community of internet. Ask the creator (flourish or magic trick) about your point and if he agree, then go for it. If not, respect his creation and buy it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results