Rejected submission

SteveF

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
It was only a matter for posts like this to pop up. "...why wasn't this approved for the wire." Or something like that

Aug 6, 2011
I like the move but:

1. The performance wasn't too good

2. The trick wasn't very good

3. It was kind of hard to hear what you were saying

4. There was a slight flash.

The overall production value was very low and the trick was unoriginal

Sep 18, 2011
i like it! the presentation was a bit slow and the quality is ...not the best. But the effect looks great. I really liked it

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
The "main move" you do in your routine is explained by Guy Hollingworth in his effect "Waving the Aces" in Drawing Room Deceptions.
Im not entirely sure if Guy Hollingworth invented the sleight but he certainly published it before you. The only difference I saw is that Guy does it with one hand and you are using 2 hands for additional cover (not needed in my opinion).
The idea of prodcuing an indifferent card and then changing it to the selcted card isn't very original either.
I guess thats why it got declined

As a general tip for making your trailer:
use different camera angles to make it more exciting to look at for your viewers. A 1:59 min long steady camerashot gets quite boring. Also make sure you are staying in the frame with your hands, you went off camera a few times

Hop I could help
regards,
Joeyfx

Sep 3, 2011
Singapore
Wow. I have after effects already. Could you tell me how to make the video darker and how you did the words ''Top Stock Control'' on the vid? Would you recommend Premire Pro?

Sorry I'm a newbie at all these editing

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
Not sure what you mean with the words "Top Stock Control"
just used the text tool, the font is Gotham

To make your video darker you can either use "Level Adjustments" or "Curves"
Just google a bit and I'm sure you will find a lot of tutorials
Curves can be a bit tricky without some background knowledge

Would you recommend Premire Pro
haven't worked with it yet
I'm sticking to Vegas as I learned it from the start and adjusted my workflow to it

let me know if you have any further questions

regards,
Joeyfx

Sep 3, 2011
Singapore
Ok thanks. You film the video in a bright lighting then you edit it to make it darker right? Where do you place the light source? above you? , Beside you?

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
Always depends on what look I want to achieve
Just set up your camera and play around with different position for your light sources and then figure out which looks best
you can search for photography lighting techniques to get some basic knowledge about how lighting works

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results