Invisible Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2011
India
Kony 2012 - WATCH THE FILM

Guys, Anyone who's here should take 30 minutes of his/her time and see this video, because what these guys are doing may not be magic but it sure is magical.. and for a lot of reasons.

Joseph Kony is the world’s worst war criminal. KONY 2012 is a 29-minute film that explains everything he’s done and how he can be stopped. This year.

Kony 2012 is an operation / campaign to get Joesph Kony , Ugandan guerrilla group leader and head of the Lord’s Resistance Army , arrested before the end of 2012. The operation involves the viral spread of information about Kony and his war and humanity crimes to result in enough support from the American Government for ambassadors to visit Uganda to assist the Ugandan military with the capture of Kony.

In the spring of 2003, three filmmakers; Jason Russell, Bobby Bailey and Laren Poole traveled to Africa to document the genocide that was occurring in Darfur. Instead, they learned about the war against the government and the actions and effects of the rebel group.
They formed the non-profit organization Invisible Children Inc. in 2004 whose main aim is to bring attention to Kony and Lord’s Resistance Army. They have additionally helped with education in Africa and the building of an alert system for resistance groups.

On the 5th of March, 2012, Invisible Children Inc uploaded a 30 minute video to YouTube named Kony 2012 detailing their cause, Kony’s history, the Kony 2012 operation and how viewers could support their cause by spreading the video, information or donations. The video is directed narrated by Jason Russell and features clips of his time spent in Africa.
The video has since gathered over half a million views within 2 days and over 300,000 likes and 100,000 favorites.

Jason also explains a plan to target 20 culture makers (including celebrities, athletes and billionaires) who have a massive impact of today’s culture and 12 political figures that have the ability to support the plan. They intend to have them speak out against Kony and make him known to the population who are uninformed about him.
Near the ending of the video, they explain the climax of their plain named “Cover the Night” that will take place on April 20th. It will involve spreading various Kony 2012 media in major cities from sundown to sunrise of that night to help spread further awareness.

[video=youtube;Y4MnpzG5Sqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc[/video]

-Punyesh

Last edited by a moderator:
Respectfully this is off subject, and I don't think it'll do well here. Most threads that aren't somehow magic related usually get closed or deleted. I can respect what you are trying to do, but I wouldn't be surprised if this thread doesn't last long.

Feb 7, 2011
Everyone loves to save the world. This latest bandwagon is no different. Unfortunately you are misinformed by the group invisible children, there is no longer a threat from Joseph Kony in Uganda, im planning on travelling there next year to teach english in a reserve near bwindi, so i made sure and done my research. Of the over 8 million dollars IC has made only 3 million has gone to the cause, the rest to the companys travel expenses and movie production. They are also funding the Ugandan military who are the most recent perpetrators of rape and looting in uganda. Joseph Kony and his army are being withered away in southern sudan and the congo, and this has been going on for 8 years, american troops didn't arrive in Uganda untill well after the dust settled, as uganda's troops aren't allowed to cross the border as much anymore. An MTV style video with an anonymous style revolution was sure to capture the hearts and minds of this generation, but it's old news, and donations only lead to further military action. Donate to uganda's schools and hospitals if you want to help these children. If joseph kony was to be sought after now it would only lead to further military intrusion in a conflict that has been attempting peace negtiations for years, but IC is demanding an all military solution. Which is never the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Keep this thread live.

For the sake of taking up a tiny amount of space on this forum, we can actually make a difference by keeping the view numbers of the video going up.

Theory11 has done an incredible charity even already this year, so I know JB and the rest of the Theory11 team will understand how much good can come from doing something as small as allowing this thread to stay open.

If they decide to close it, then so be it. But for now, no negativite debate on this what so ever, just keep trying to share this video to as many people as you can.

Lloyd

Feb 7, 2011
Keep this thread live.

For the sake of taking up a tiny amount of space on this forum, we can actually make a difference by keeping the view numbers of the video going up.

Theory11 has done an incredible charity even already this year, so I know JB and the rest of the Theory11 team will understand how much good can come from doing something as small as allowing this thread to stay open.

If they decide to close it, then so be it. But for now, no negativite debate on this what so ever, just keep trying to share this video to as many people as you can.

Lloyd

I dont mean to offend you but please do your research before you dismiss my post as negative debate. This is old news, the video simply came too late. There are other ways to help uganda.

attachment.php

Llyod unfortunately this thread isn't related to magic, and because of that is against the forums goals and ambitions. Far to many threads have gone before this with equally good intentions to show this thread any exceptions.

I vote is to maintain the status quot set forth by previous examples made on the subject of off magic material.

I am not trying to take away from the message, I believe that it is a good one. I can't say much more because I simply don't know enough about the subject matter, but what I do know is that it isn't magic related.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
I dont mean to offend you but please do your research before you dismiss my post as negative debate. This is old news, the video simply came too late. There are other ways to help uganda.

Sorry man, we posted at the exact same time, so I didn't even see your post at all. No offence meant.

Llyod unfortunately this thread isn't related to magic, and because of that is against the forums goals and ambitions. Far to many threads have gone before this with equally good intentions to show this thread any exceptions.

attachment.php

I vote is to maintain the status quot set forth by previous examples made on the subject of off magic material.

I am not trying to take away from the message, I believe that it is a good one. I can't say much more because I simply don't know enough about the subject matter, but what I do know is that it isn't magic related.
Also, I posted only after skimming your post man, I didn't mean to cause offence. We should let the mods decide between themselves about what should happen to this thread.

Aside from that, it's not harming anyone with it staying here even though "it's against the rules".

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys,

This is certainly a relevant and serious issue that deserves attention. If you want more information, you can visit the cause's website here:

http://www.causes.com/causes/227-invisible-children

Because of forum rules, we will close this thread. Keep in mind this is a serious issue, and again, it deserves attention. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or send in an email to Support. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results